Got my chanel lambskin bag repainted by lovinmybags!

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. About 2 months ago I mentioned that I was going to either clean or dye my Chanel bag as the beige parts were getting a bit discoloured. (See my old thread here: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/dyeing-your-bag-have-you-done-it-opinions-51620.html

After great hesitation I sent my bag to lovinmybags.com and the results were fantastic. :nuts: I'm really quite happy and can't be more pleased with my new bag. Barbara only repainted just the straps as I requested. I must say there is ONLY A VERY SLIGHT perceptible difference in the texture/feel/look of the straps compared to the body of the bag - and I am a very, very finnicky person (my mom and sis both say it's unnoticeable) . The straps are still soft and lovely. Overall the bag looks and feels both new and nicer. I was afraid I would end up regretting this, but I don't. I love the bag more now! Anyway, just thought I'd post some pictures.

IMG_1569.jpg IMG_1571.jpg
  2. wow, great job, looks great.

3. I also bought a really old and mistreated Chanel cambon wallet on ebay for a bargain and had it refurbished by lovinmybags at the same time as my Chanel bag. (Two before and two after pics below)

1157796315996_IMG_8571.jpg 1158061308830_IMG_8569.jpg IMG_1572.jpg IMG_1573.jpg
  4. OMG~ I can't even tell the difference!!! If you don't tell, I won't know that the straps was been repainted. It looks nice, I'm glad that you didn't regret it!!! Enjoy!!!

5. Thanks allbrandspls! I'm in love with my new bag. :love:

6. Wow! didn't know there is a service like that. It looks like new !!! wonderful job! :yes:

7. WOW!! lovinmybags did a GREAT job!!! your bag and wallet look good as new!!

ohh but i have a question, how come you didnt have chanel redye it?

8. Thanks everyone for your comments! :heart:

mello_yello_jen: Because I'd heard horror stories and personally know people who'd sent their bags to Chanel and were disappointed with the results... Apparently the leather felt very different/worse? Every one of them regretted dyeing it in the first place... I initially just wanted to clean up the straps, but I was pretty impressed by the photos on lovinmybags site so thought I'd give repainting a try. :smile:

9. wowow!!!

10. Wow, amazing results!

11. I am impressed!!!!

12. Looks great.

13. wow! really impressive work!

14. Both pieces look great! I'm glad it turned out well for you.

15. Looks great. They did a great job.:yes: