Got my canard city today but SO DISAPPOINTED!!

Ok I will stick to PayPal and do my best to provide what they may require. Let's hope it's less complicated this round.

Many thanks to all who have been so helpful!

Yikkie did you ever hear back from the seller?

Yes - she replied within a few hours of me opening the dispute to explain that the bag was "actually only worn a handful of times" and still in "very good condition", with an offer to refund $200. I declined and insisted for a full refund. She then replied with the following (all in PayPal Resolution Centre now):

"I stated that there were hardly any flaws. To me, this bag was in like new and pristine condition. I think you expected a new bag with no flaws at all. If you wanted more pictures of the bag for flaws, you could have requested more before the transaction."

I replied with a long message, citing her early email which has in fact pointed out inconsistencies between actual condition and listing description, and detailing all the major signs of wear on the bag (so there is a clear trail for PayPal's reference), and escalated to claim.

Last edited:
I don't blame you. Canard is a stunning and unique color, but this bag indeed is not in pristine condition as how it is described. The seller should provide more clear and detail pictures to avoid this happening. GL to your returning.

"I stated that there were hardly any flaws. To me, this bag was in like new and pristine condition. I think you expected a new bag with no flaws at all. If you wanted more pictures of the bag for flaws, you could have requested more before the transaction."

Her statement above is kinda nuts--if a bag is described as PRISTINE and hardly any flaws, who would think what that really meant was, "ok--email me for pics of the flaws."

I have a few Bals, one is a very VERY faded cornflower blue--I knew it was like that when I purchased it (from AFF) though, and I love it to pieces. And I paid no where near $1500 for it, which makes sense based on its condition. Just the stain alone on your bag makes it not pristine anymore (blues do fade though, even when tucked away in their sleepers). Good Luck--you do deserve to get all your money back. :yes:

Yes - she replied within a few hours of me opening the dispute to explain that the bag was "actually only worn a handful of times" and still in "very good condition", with an offer to refund $200. I declined and insisted for a full refund. She then replied with the following (all in PayPal Resolution Centre now):

I replied with a long message, citing her early email which has in fact pointed out inconsistencies between actual condition and listing description, and detailing all the major signs of wear on the bag (so there is a clear trail for PayPal's reference), and escalated to claim.
I am glad you escalated. Her description says "LIKE NEW" thus it should look like new. And it went from only worn twice to now a handful of times...which is it lady? And if she only used it a handful of times what was she doing with the bag, it is in terrible shape! I also didn't know that like new bags came with stains on them. I am so frustrated for you. I hope you get your money back soon!

As well, as people have mentioned blues do fade however the darker blues really didn't have much of an issue. My marine is from 2008 and has not faded one bit.

Last edited:
I don't get sellers like this. I would be so embarrassed to hide such obvious flaws.
Is your loss, their gain?:shrugs: I have bags that I've worn everyday for months and months that are in better condition.

Yikkie said:
Thanks all. The seller has not responded so I have opened a case in PayPal Resolution Centre, asking for a full refund. Should I go ahead and return the bag or should I wait for specific instruction from PayPal to do this?

That bag looks awful. You'd never learn to love this bag.
Return to sender.......

Your seller apparently doesn't own a dictionary. Pristine it isn't.

You're not the only buyer to have experienced a problem with the description. This transaction earned the seller a neutral.

Had some issues regarding item description, but great communication! yorkxxx( 83) Jan-26-12 06:22
TIFFANY & CO. ELSA PERETTI MEDIUM OPEN HEART NECKLACE - NO RESERVE! (#300640098765) US $120.00

I don't get sellers like this. I would be so embarrassed to hide such obvious flaws.
Is your loss, their gain?:shrugs: I have bags that I've worn everyday for months and months that are in better condition.

ITA with this. I have five year old bags in better condition. I know condition can be subjective but this is an example of a seller pushing the bounds of acceptable disclosure to the ridiculous.

Good luck with the claim. It should be a slam dunk. And don't give up on finding your canard. I sold my canard town a few months ago and I haven't stopped having second thoughts about it. It is a stunning colour.

Lilarose said:
You're not the only buyer to have experienced a problem with the description. This transaction earned the seller a neutral.

Had some issues regarding item description, but great communication! yorkxxx( 83) Jan-26-12 06:22
TIFFANY & CO. ELSA PERETTI MEDIUM OPEN HEART NECKLACE - NO RESERVE! (#300640098765) US $120.00

I know. I should have paid more attention to it. Now I really want to leave a big negative fb to warn others! How long do I have to leave feedback on eBay?

I know. I should have paid more attention to it. Now I really want to leave a big negative fb to warn others! How long do I have to leave feedback on eBay?

I don't remember Yikkie but honestly if I were you I would've left a negative already based on her response to you. Not only was her description incorrect, she won't even admit to her mistakes and is being a smart a** with you. Go leave a negative now!

I don't remember Yikkie but honestly if I were you I would've left a negative already based on her response to you. Not only was her description incorrect, she won't even admit to her mistakes and is being a smart a** with you. Go leave a negative now!

Strongly disagree with this. Do not leave feedback until your case is resolved, one way or the other.