Got my Bulga from AE!

Sassy

O.G.
Dec 21, 2005
So I received my Bulga cognac new stud tote from AE yesterday. I am generally happy with it-- it's large enough for my laptop which is why I wanted it. BUT the leather on it is definitely not as soft as the medium tote I bought last year. Ladies who bought Bulgas from the AE sale-- do you feel the same way? The leather is stiffer, and not as supple/buttery. It reminds me of the Anna Corinna leather, which is fine, but just not what I was expecting.
(I would post pictures if I knew how!)

Sassy said:
So I received my Bulga cognac new stud tote from AE yesterday. I am generally happy with it-- it's large enough for my laptop which is why I wanted it. BUT the leather on it is definitely not as soft as the medium tote I bought last year. Ladies who bought Bulgas from the AE sale-- do you feel the same way? The leather is stiffer, and not as supple/buttery. It reminds me of the Anna Corinna leather, which is fine, but just not what I was expecting.
(I would post pictures if I knew how!)

That's interesting to know. I bought the large bulga in cognac as well...I'll let you know when I get mine.

You lucky ladies, I had to cancel my order from AE. I ordered the medium tote in cognac but AE informed me that it had scuff marks on it. They even emailed pictures showing the scuff marks and yes they were very obvious and the bag was very dirty. I figured since it was a final sale that I shouldn't take the risk of being disappointed when it came. So no bag for me:sad2: and I was so excited too!

ASL -That bites about the cognac satchel, but if it's damaged. I agree... don't get it. I hate it when things turn out like that. I'm sure there will be more sales and more Bulga though.

Sassy - That sounds disappointing. Bulga is known for their buttery leather. I haven't received mine yet so I guess I'll find out when it gets here. Thanks for the heads-up!

Dude, I got my satchel today and it is totally scuffed up. They didn't warn me! I'm already pissed because they cancelled my Olive Trigger that I reeeeeeally wanted. Not sure if I'll keep this one or not but someone here wanted it if I didn't. Now I can't remember who!

I also got my large Bulga studded tote today (red). I have to say that I like it more than I thought I would, which probably sounds weird. But, I was surprised by the quaility - some of the edges are frayed a little. Are they suppose to be? It is like the leather was not cut cleanly/completely. I guess you do get what you pay for...does not even compare to the craftmanship of a Chloe, for example. However, for the price, I am very happy with it. The color is a very deep, rich red, almost maroon and the leather is very soft.

I have a medium hobo, and yes, some of the edges are slightly frayed, but overall the leather is super soft and pretty good quality. Of course, the quality does not compare to a Chloe. I should get my Cognac Tote tomorrow. I hope it's not scratched or scuffed. :suspiciou

Yep, the edges are frayed on my medium tote as well-- most of the ones I've seen are like that. But yes, the scuffs and scratches are NOT normal. Maybe the leathers are just different between the totes and the satchels.

I got my olive botkier trigger today and there are two water marks on the side and one in the front! :evil: I think they discount their old items or exchanged ones. So I may sell it on ebay now cause you don't get a refund or get store credit and buy one not on sale. Has anyone had problems in the past with their handbags being used up like this or is this just a sale item thing.

misslola said:
If the bag is defective, you should return it for credit, and they should have no problem with that. I wouldn't order from them again!

See, if I get credit, I don't know what I would want to buy b/c I don't trust their items anymore :sad2:

I got my Bulgas today. After all the reports, I didn't know what to expect. It turned out alright though. My purple tote had a small scratch on the back that came out when I massaged some Applegarde leather cleaner and conditioner on it. The satchel looked brand new. Probably because it was the citrus color and a lot of people weren't digging it. If you got your bag and it had some superficial scratches, you might want to try what I did. Test a patch first!

Personally, I think it's absolutely unethical to sell defective or damaged merchandise online without telling people about it, even if it is on sale. If that is the case, I think you should try to get your money back. Nowhere did they say that it was damaged or used. If it did and you bought it, that's one thing, but we were all expecting to buy new bags.

Anyway, that's my two cents.