Got my 1st RM, should I be concerned about this?

Mar 9, 2007
I finally got my first RM today (from Ebay). It's a fawn Nikki and I am in love. But I noticed at the bottom half of the bag, on both sides, but more noticeable on one, that the leather is very pebbled in certain spots. I don't have my camera at the moment so I will try to post pictures later today, but I was wondering if anyone can offer reassurance that this is normal. I know it is lambskin leather which can have different textures, but I am not sure if this is just leather variation or if something had to have happened to the leather (like a spill or rain) to make it this texture. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? Thanks.

kdo

Let's Go Caps!
Nov 1, 2008
Yep, this is a very typical characteristic of lambskin for Fawn. Gorgeous bag -- congrats & enjoy!

TXGirlie

O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
North Texas
Even pebbled bags are not uniformly pebbled. But lambskin typically has more leather variations anyway. Just enjoy your bag in it's natural state!

MAGJES

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
North Carolina
I've had both the Fawn MAM and Fawn Nikki and both were like this. I LOVED the way it looks!! The ROSE leather is like this also. Sunshine and Peacock came out at the same time - same leather but not as distressed/varigated.

Mar 9, 2007
Okay, thanks for your replies. I feel much better. I do love her, I'm just not used to such variation in texture. Fawn is such a gorgeous color and I have nothing like it in my collection. I started looking for an everyday bag to use for school and I feel like I got something that is so much more than that. How cheesy!

Mar 9, 2007
One other question. One of the metal clasps on the side keeps popping off at the top where it connects to the ring. Can I just crazy glue it back in place?