Got Gunmetal Madison Carryall for PCE, Anyone have her? Any Issues?

Awww, that sucks. I stand corrected. :sad:
OOH, that is definitely scary and after such a short time. Distribution and my store said they would stand behind any peeling issues and it should not do that after a short time, but after a year or two the metallic does crack. I am still very nervous about it happening. I will ponder it over in my mind. It is sitting on my chair waiting to be used. Thank you!!!

Last edited:
Just saw this bag at the outlet today...they were 30% off plus the 25% off with the BCA coupon. My mom had bought this bag at full price back in August and she returned her because of flaking...I'm crossing my fingers this doesn't happen to yours!!

Just saw this bag at the outlet today...they were 30% off plus the 25% off with the BCA coupon. My mom had bought this bag at full price back in August and she returned her because of flaking...I'm crossing my fingers this doesn't happen to yours!!
Actually, I was worried so I called the store and they assured me it would not happen and if it did, they would replace the bag at the PCE price. I just looked it over carefully and would you believe on the bottom, there is a piece of leather missing already. I just brought it home last night in it's dustbag. My leather one in Acorn looks lovely. I left a message for my lovely SA to call me in the AM. DARN IT. I loved this bag too. Why is this happening?:nuts:

I love your collection!!! Great pictures. I hope you love your gathered Sophia. It is lovely!!!
There is a spot under my bag that is peeling already. I just looked it over and it is just out of it's dustbag. I will call in the morning. I am so upset over this issue. I will look at the pleated bag you have. It looks lovely. This is my birthday week and that is the only reason I got this extra bag for PCE. I am so disappointed in finding this spot.

definitely take a look at the gathered sophia! it is such a beauty, and is definitely a classic, i hated it when i saw it online in the preview threads, but when i saw it in person and held it and felt the soft leather, i fell in love. its a beautiful bag!

so sorry to hear about the gunmetal, i know what it feels like to love a bag and then not have it work out

definitely take a look at the gathered sophia! it is such a beauty, and is definitely a classic, i hated it when i saw it online in the preview threads, but when i saw it in person and held it and felt the soft leather, i fell in love. its a beautiful bag!

so sorry to hear about the gunmetal, i know what it feels like to love a bag and then not have it work out
This is definitely upsetting and unsettlling to find this bare spot. Now I will have to wait to send mine back and pick something out again. I thought it was fine. I will check your bag out. It looks lovely. Thank you!!!

Are you referring to this one? 15673
Yes, thank you. It has a small gray spot with the metallic worn off on the very bottom. I am bringing it to my store that is closer to see what I can do with it on the PCE rather than mail it back. I might consider the Gathered black Sophia since I have seen it with so many pretty pictures and just try it on. Thanks!!

Yes, thank you. It has a small gray spot with the metallic worn off on the very bottom. I am bringing it to my store that is closer to see what I can do with it on the PCE rather than mail it back. I might consider the Gathered black Sophia since I have seen it with so many pretty pictures and just try it on. Thanks!!
Wow, you have had the worst luck lately!I think you will love the gathered sophia..I have the leather sophia and she is gorgeous, but the gathered has a look of her own, very classy:smile:I really would try something more simple so to speak.The metallic leathers do have the risk of peeling.Good Luck:smile:

Wow, you have had the worst luck lately!I think you will love the gathered sophia..I have the leather sophia and she is gorgeous, but the gathered has a look of her own, very classy:smile:I really would try something more simple so to speak.The metallic leathers do have the risk of peeling.Good Luck:smile:
Yes, I have really had a bad streak of luck this month. I broke a second bone in my foot while I was wearing a cam boot walker. I tripped over my pup's bone and it went under my walking boot and I turned my ankle. Ouch!. I did not know it until the cast was off and I was limping terribly with my sneakers on. They took an MRI last week and found a second bone nearer to the ankle that was also fractured. So, I got a cooler new boot for another 4 weeks . Sigh. I went to the Coach store today with my metallic carryall and I looked at the black gathered Sophia in the larger size and found that I liked it after looking at it for the second time. I ordered one and it will be here in a few days. Thanks for writing!!

Yes, I have really had a bad streak of luck this month. I broke a second bone in my foot while I was wearing a cam boot walker. I tripped over my pup's bone and it went under my walking boot and I turned my ankle. Ouch!. I did not know it until the cast was off and I was limping terribly with my sneakers on. They took an MRI last week and found a second bone nearer to the ankle that was also fractured. So, I got a cooler new boot for another 4 weeks . Sigh. I went to the Coach store today with my metallic carryall and I looked at the black gathered Sophia in the larger size and found that I liked it after looking at it for the second time. I ordered one and it will be here in a few days. Thanks for writing!!
oh I'm sorry you've been through all of that!But I'am sure you will Love Sophia:smile: I just cannot say enough about the shape and style of this bag,lol!Well, congrat's and please share when she arrives..I hope your ankle gets better..;)

oh I'm sorry you've been through all of that!But I'am sure you will Love Sophia:smile: I just cannot say enough about the shape and style of this bag,lol!Well, congrat's and please share when she arrives..I hope your ankle gets better..;)
Thank you. I usually order a smalleer bag and this size is a first for me. I liked the large one and the smushy gathered leather. I think my foot will get better if I wear the boot, I keep taking it off because it was so uncomfortable on steps in Savannah, the boot being a rocker and longer than the old steps in the city restaurants and the Bed & Breakfast I stayed at on the second floor. DH says I will wear it forever if I am not a good girl. Cannot wait until the bag comes so I can see if the large is okay for me. Thanks for your kind wishes.