got damaged handbag and sa said just return!!!

bk0714

ysl lover
Oct 1, 2011
i opened the bloomingdales credit card although it will hurt my credit score. i got 15% discount for that. i got the bag today and its inside leather has been damaged and shrunken severely. also, the zipper inside has damaged charm (chanel logo).

i contacted my sa today and she said since it is out of stock, just return it for full refund.

i will not get 15% discount for future purchase and it just hurts my credit score.
i got nothing.

if other bloomingdales has the bag i bought, can bloomingdales exchange it? It is medallion tote black caviar gold hw.

i did not expect to get damaged item and i am so disappointed by its customer service and solution to solve this issue. they just said return it. thats all they said.

any advice??

This is the one from Kemi? You should let her know that you want to exchange instead of refund. She should be responsible to call up other Bloomingdale's to see if there is a stock so that she can exchange one for you. Last time I bought from Bloomingdale's the bag was shipped improperly/scratched and other store's SA would not want to help me at all with exchange. They say you must go through your original SA and let him/her know the problem and he/she should exchange/request the bag from other BM store instead. I hope you can get Patrick over at NY Bloomingdale's to help you instead.

But please bear in mind you might end up paying the difference if price increases before she finds you a new one.

i let my sa know about it (she is not Kemi) and she said if it is in stock, she can exchange it. but since it is not, she can't. i doubt she may get some this month but she seems she does not like to exchange mine.

If stock comes in it should be exchanged. Call manager and tell them you dont want a refund, you want an exchange since you got a damaged bag. My Saks Sa once had saks buy a bag fron NM to exchange for a mistake they had done to me, if you keep asking them and emailing or writing theywill do it.

Don't pay to return it have them issue a call tag with Fedex or UPS, you shouldn't be out one cent. I received a defective Chanel bag last December from Bloomingdales and the SA knew it was defective before she shipped it to me.

i opened the bloomingdales card and got 15%. if i return it, i dont get any discount for opening this card.... i should call boston chanel and talk with manager. (i bought from boston)

Hold on to the bag until they get new stocks in. Exchange will allow you to keep the discount. Bloomies has no time limit for return. Since it is a defective item it should be even exchange.

Hold on to the bag until they get new stocks in. Exchange will allow you to keep the discount. Bloomies has no time limit for return. Since it is a defective item it should be even exchange.

Totally agree. But if the price goes up, it won't be even exchange. You end up paying the difference and not saving 15% so there is a risk too while waiting to get the exact same one.

OP, your SA seems to be a very bad SA. Why she does not let you know to hold onto what you have till she finds one for you and then issue a tag for Fedex or UPS to come to your house to pick up your current one and exchange for it? Even if she does not get it, I am pretty sure she can try the other 2 Bloomingdales. It is their fault the box is not packed properly and you get a defective item..This SA needs to be skipped.

Can you contact other SAs from that branch that are more helpful??? Definitely talk to the manager and complaint about this SA and how you receive a badly damaged bag.

i sent her an email that let me get manager's phone number so that i can talk with her. i am very disappointed since it was my First chanel handbag.

and i called other blooming today and they said medallion is out of stock currectly and they do not know when they will get another.

do you know whether medallion also part of price increase on jan?

i sent her an email that let me get manager's phone number so that i can talk with her. i am very disappointed since it was my First chanel handbag.

and i called other blooming today and they said medallion is out of stock currectly and they do not know when they will get another.

do you know whether medallion also part of price increase on jan?
keep it. and wait until they have new shipment in then do an even exchange.

i called today and my sa said she talked with her manager and they confirmed that because it is out of stock, they CAN NOT exchange. i was like WHAT!!. and i said i can wait until it is in stock. and they said it will be in stock in Feb or March (yet they do not know exact time.). and my SA said just return it for full refund. i said because i got 15%, if i return it, i do not get any advantage over it. and i said i will wait until you find new bag and after you ship one, i will ship mine.
and she said "fine". and i also said that since my bag is defected severely, i want asap and if there is one in stock, you should hold the very first one for me.

although i have to wait for 3 months, i think it is better to get new one than just thinking about this defected item.

i will not buy chanel from bloomingdales boston (chestnut hill) any more. The customer service is really bad compared to others (new york or SCP).

i called today and my sa said she talked with her manager and they confirmed that because it is out of stock, they CAN NOT exchange. i was like WHAT!!. and i said i can wait until it is in stock. and they said it will be in stock in Feb or March (yet they do not know exact time.). and my SA said just return it for full refund. i said because i got 15%, if i return it, i do not get any advantage over it. and i said i will wait until you find new bag and after you ship one, i will ship mine.
and she said "fine". and i also said that since my bag is defected severely, i want asap and if there is one in stock, you should hold the very first one for me.

although i have to wait for 3 months, i think it is better to get new one than just thinking about this defected item.

i will not buy chanel from bloomingdales boston (chestnut hill) any more. The customer service is really bad compared to others (new york or SCP).
Sorry to hear about your e xperience. I was also thinking you should take pictures and send it to your sa and the manager. This will ensure that you received damaged bag which on first place Bloomis should not have sold it to you. Hope everything works out.

i sent the picture when i got it. (i took a picture and sent it as soon as i got it). and they said they do not know why it is defective although they sent this from the factory.

i sent the picture when i got it. (i took a picture and sent it as soon as i got it). and they said they do not know why it is defective although they sent this from the factory.
I am glad you did that. That way everything is documented, so if it takes time to get the replacement you have some proof.

Definitely talk to the manager (i think it's James). Tell him your situation. Whatever it is, they SHOULD get the very first stock that is available from other branch to replace your defective bag since you ALREADY paid for it and those people that are on long waiting list has not.

It is harder to exchange anything from Chestnut Hill branch because I think their stocks are always lesser compare to NY or SCP.