got burgled. Birkin, Chanel bags are stolen

Ugh!! My heart aches for you :nogood: that is my worst nightmare. I hope there might be some kind of happy ending for you in this situation. I dont understand what drives people to do these types of things to other people. Be safe :heart:

OP, I am really sorry to hear this! My heart goes out to you! :heart: This is why I do Not FB,Twitter or anything else! Telling people you are going out just opens the door for people that know where you live and they can go and help themselves to Your Things! My advice: Get Home&Contents insurance, I have it. It costs alot of $$ for the Contents insurance but at least ALL of my Collection is covered along with everything else. Again, I am really sorry for you OP. :heart:

I was robbed within months of moving to LA. They took all my jewelry, cash we had on hand, all the prescription medications, a laptop, a little dvd player that was quite old by that time, and then trashed the house. Flipped mattresses, removed all cushions, all clothing from closets and drawers were strewn throughout the house and they ransacked the fridge and left it open. The police came and brought a canine unit and fingerprinted everything. The same day a car was stolen 4 doors down. The robbery occurred during the day between the hours of 11am and 6pm. No fingerprints were found and the police did nothing to locate anything. Aside from giving me a police report number, and then they wouldn't even give me a copy of it. I had to go down to the station to get a copy myself. No pawn shops were visited by the police, nothing. It was devastating. I never recovered anything. The only bright spot is that the thieves didn't take any purses. I had a brand new Birkin still in the box in the orange bag in a closet off the kitchen and they didn't take it. My other designer bags were thrown around but still in their sleepers, unharmed. It was a small relief, frankly. The jewelry was irreplaceable as it was mostly deco pieces I'd acquired over the years painstakingly. And all my childhood jewelry was gone in that moment. Most of the jewelry was insured, but it didn't really make me feel any better.

OP - I am so very sorry you are going through this. Huge hugs to you.