Got bitten by the Amulette de Cartier collection.....

Feb 4, 2012
Hi I recently discovered Amulette de Cartier (yes I know I am quite late to the game) and cannot get the image out of my mind ever since! The whole collection is quite unique and I really like how the pieces look.

I like dainty jewelry, and prefer necklace, so I am considering getting a XS necklace. I also tend to be simplistic in clothing choices, so I want to stick with white or black. The problem is - they are both so beautiful! How should I choose?

I have a love necklace in yellow gold that I tend not to wear - because I don't really like yellow gold. I am mostly a white gold gal. However, rose gold is getting my attention as well - I have a few staple pieces in rose gold. I have not see Cartier's rose gold in person - how different is it from yellow gold? How does it compare to tiffany's rose gold?

Also, will the white version fade or turn yellow over the time? I think these are all things to consider.

What do you think? Please help me decide. Your inputs are all very welcomed.

1361338.png

1361339.png

Each of the versions are nice, it just depends on which one you like the most, and which color metals you tend to wear most often.

Cartier's rose is subtle compared to the rose gold of some other brands I've seen. I'm not really a fan of Tiffany's and haven't looked at their pieces in some time, so I can't say how their shade of rose compares with Cartier's rose.

White gold doesn't fade to yellow. Its usually alloyed with white metals like nickle, paladium, zinc, silver (etc) to create the white color. In its nature state its often more gray than say platinum or paladium, so some companies plate white gold with Paladium (which is a white precious metal) to give it an even whiter/brighter look. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I just did a comparison between a tiffany and a cartier rose gold piece. I could not tell much of a difference between the two. I have the xs necklace and ring in mother of pearl, and the bracelet in onyx. I think both options are very beautiful. If you can, I suggest seeing them in person to help you decide. Also, were you referring to the mother of pearl fading or turning yellow? If so, I have not had any issues with my ring (2yrs) and necklace (1yr).

I just did a comparison between a tiffany and a cartier rose gold piece. I could not tell much of a difference between the two. I have the xs necklace and ring in mother of pearl, and the bracelet in onyx. I think both options are very beautiful. If you can, I suggest seeing them in person to help you decide. Also, were you referring to the mother of pearl fading or turning yellow? If so, I have not had any issues with my ring (2yrs) and necklace (1yr).

Thank you this is very helpful!!

I think I prefer mother of pearl, but I wish the mother of pearl comes in rose gold as well. I really don't like yellow gold which is the reason why my Cartier love sits in my drawer.

Since you have both onyx and mother of pearl, which one do you prefer?

Thank you this is very helpful!!

I think I prefer mother of pearl, but I wish the mother of pearl comes in rose gold as well. I really don't like yellow gold which is the reason why my Cartier love sits in my drawer.

Since you have both onyx and mother of pearl, which one do you prefer?

Oh goodness, at this moment I could not pick between the two, I love them both.