Got an exchange but...

jube0506

O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
So, I posted a couple of weeks ago about my Favorite MM in DE that had red stitching on the front. Last week I went in and got an exchange. The Favorites that I had to choose from all had some sort of red stitching. The best one had a little and was barely noticeable. So I chose that one. When I got home, I was bugged that the flap would not centre. No matter what I did. I came to the conclusion that this was the reason,
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414815495.412707.jpg

My original one was like that too and it didn't bother me because the flap was fine. I've looked at a lot of pics in the clubhouse and all of them looked pretty straight to me. Anyhow, went back again on Wednesday for an exchange. SA was saying it's normal due to the fact that it's made from canvas.......yes I understand but I believe that that's the reason why the flap was so off centre. Went through quite a few before I finally found the right one.

Does anyone with the Favorite MM have this problem? It seems the PM has less of this problem because it's smaller.

tke06

Aug 7, 2014
Rochester, MN
So, I posted a couple of weeks ago about my Favorite MM in DE that had red stitching on the front. Last week I went in and got an exchange. The Favorites that I had to choose from all had some sort of red stitching. The best one had a little and was barely noticeable. So I chose that one. When I got home, I was bugged that the flap would not centre. No matter what I did. I came to the conclusion that this was the reason,
View attachment 2794900

My original one was like that too and it didn't bother me because the flap was fine. I've looked at a lot of pics in the clubhouse and all of them looked pretty straight to me. Anyhow, went back again on Wednesday for an exchange. SA was saying it's normal due to the fact that it's made from canvas.......yes I understand but I believe that that's the reason why the flap was so off centre. Went through quite a few before I finally found the right one.

Does anyone with the Favorite MM have this problem? It seems the PM has less of this problem because it's smaller.
Forgive me, but I don't see what you're pointing out. Can you explain, please?

wpbteacher8

LV newbie
Jun 24, 2011
North Florida
Forgive me, but I don't see what you're pointing out. Can you explain, please?

I saw it right away. The piping on the right side is curvy instead of straight like the left side. My favorite has both sides straight. I would return it and get a new one when they get a new batch.

tke06

Aug 7, 2014
Rochester, MN
I saw it right away. The piping on the right side is curvy instead of straight like the left side. My favorite has both sides straight. I would return it and get a new one when they get a new batch.
Ahhhhhhhhh, ok now I see it. Does it lay like that all the time?

anabg

Sep 17, 2011
New York/New Jersey
Lol. Now I see it too. A little guidance as to what to look for would have helped. I would exchange again. It's not clear to me whether you already did..

jube0506

O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
Sorry for not being clear. :shame:

Yes, I already exchanged it. All the MMs I looked at had this problem and all on the same side too. The one I exchanged for the second time is the least curvy. Most importantly, the flap is now centred. The one pictured was from the first exchange. I'm very curious to know if any Favorite MM owners have this too.

tke06

Aug 7, 2014
Rochester, MN
Yes all the time. I thought I would be able to do something about it, like stretch it since it is canvas, but no.
I think the other poster is correct, then. Take it back (again) for another exchange. It's too bad, too, because I love the Favorite MM. I'm not a small cross body gal at all, but I appreciate those bags for their simplicity and function. She's a beauty!