got a package from let-trade, but...

hmm....sales tax suppose to be 14% isn't it? how can they charge u 150 tax? maybe its 15 dollars and they screwed up with the decimals... its impossible that they can charge u 150 on a 280 bag. that's like 50% tax... WHICH can't be it. u should get the bag and call custom if you have to.

Hey if customs made a mistake and claimed too much, you could always print out your eBay winning letter and then state that it was the actual value (likely less than 140$ of tax !).

hello girls! since it's my first thread, i want to introduce a little about myself. i'm 20 ys old, second year nursing student and i study and live in canada right now. i'm originally from China.

i wanted to make this first thread a happier one, but... i received a package pickup notice today, which claimed that i have to pay 140 dollars tax. the bag itself was only 280 dollars, i wonder why they charge so much for tax. it's really frustrating. i don't know what to do. do you think i should just pay the tax? please give me some advice.:crybaby: i ll be very appreciated.
I would call customs and ask them. there should be a customs form on your package that states what you're paying in fees. If you feel this is wrong for your highly used bag you can dispute it.

Definitely give customs a call...if the value is stated as 280 on the box, they should NOT charge you $140!!! It may be a mistake, maybe $14.0???

Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. Lots of people have purchased from let-trade and have not had to pay duty. i guess it depends on where you live.

i don't think you can avoid paying the tax if you want the bag, but I'm not sure. Can someone else help?

Actually, I have seen a couple of threads that point to a problem recently with LT's stuff being held by customs. It seems to be predominantely a Canadian issue. Maybe they're cracking down on stuff coming from Hong Kong? :confused1:

I would be pissed to pay $140 when the bag is only ? $280 :mad:

Actually, I have seen a couple of threads that point to a problem recently with LT's stuff being held by customs. It seems to be predominantely a Canadian issue. Maybe they're cracking down on stuff coming from Hong Kong? :confused1:

I would be pissed to pay $140 when the bag is only ? $280 :mad:

I think the Canadian postal service has generally been messed up lately. All my packages are taking FOREVER to arrive.
I had no problems with let-trade's package last week, but after that delivery...all my other packages are just taking ages to arrive!!