Got a hug from BE

Jun 25, 2008
So my dark grey glossy HM arrived today! :nuts: And here's what I think:

Size: The size is exactly what I expected and wanted. I read around here that some found the reg. size too small and preferred the medium or large versions of the bag. TBH, I cannot imagine carrying a larger HM. To me, it would lose it's charm as it turns into a saggy suitcase, KWIM? But to each her own. This one is the one for me!

Color: The color is gorgeous and just about what I expected it to be. I thought it might have a tad more brown in it, though it looks very brown when photographed with flash. I love how it looks with the fuchsia lining. It works!

Weight: Super lightweight--peRfeKt.

Leather: It's a bit stiffer and thinner than I expected. Based on the photos, I thought it would be more like the crinkle patent leather on HH and MK bags, which is thicker, evenly soft, and suuuuper supple. I'm thinking that the slight stiffness might change with use. What do you think?

It was tough to photograph it today kuz the light simply sucked. It's cloudy and hazy and hot and disgustingly muggy... Ugh! I'm in a swamp! But I didn't want to wait another day, so here it is:

~ Dark Grey Glossy Hug Me ~
Regular (smallest) size, silver HW, fuchsia lining

IMG_0839-1.jpg

IMG_0831-1.jpg

IMG_0818-1.jpg

IMG_0812-1.jpg

IMG_0844-1.jpg

IMG_0824-1.jpg

IMG_0843-1.jpg

sgreg

Jun 20, 2008
It is lovely! It is nice to know it isn't too brown - looking at people's photos on here the dk grey glossy does indeed appear brown sometimes, I never realised it was the flash doing that. I love it.

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
Very nice!

This leather does soften up a ton.

Here is my Make Me Smile Midi new and then broken in. New, it was very stiff and structured. I wore it for a few weeks and just let it wear naturally and it has a nice slouch, but is not a puddle.

DSCF0249.jpg

DSCF0309.jpg

Give it some time and it will break in and have slouch!

Jun 25, 2008
Thankz girlz! :heart:

sgreg: Definitely not brown. I had another bag, an HH in a sage color that looked olive green without flash and brown with flash in photographs. Night and day difference.

bagslover: Nah, I don't post photos of myself online. I could have someone else model it after I break it in. :yes:

crazybagmo: I can relate. I discovered BE a year ago, and the moment I saw the Hug Me I knew that was "the one." I just adore it. It's such a cool bag!

finzup: Great! I'll take more photos in a few weeks, when it's slouchier.

carterazo: Gracias! And where's your bag, señorita?

elizat: OMG, that MMS makes me smile...love it! Thanks for posting the photo. I'm glad it will soften up. I have an MK Astor that was kinda uppity when I got it, but days later it was already humbling itself under my mighty hand, and these days it's a puddle of leather.

*suzi*

O.G.
Sep 16, 2006
I always thought the dark grey glossy was more of a patent leather? I could be wrong... Is that what yours is like? I have never owned a glossy bag. However, I do know the crash leathers arrive almost plastic looking but end up super soft and slouchy. I wonder if yours will do that too?

Either way, I really love the color of your bag. It's really pretty and unique.

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
Karmenzsofia, great pick! I love this leather. I have a TME in the taupe glossy and the leather does get softer and more crinkly with use. It is my BE with the most character. I can't wait to hear what you think after you've used the bag for a couple of weeks. I am betting it will be really difficult to put down:smile:

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
^ It is kind of a cross. Not really a traditional patent, but glossy like one. It is way softer than any patent I've ever felt, but that is limited, b/c I don't like traditional patent. I like this leather b/c it has an actual leather pattern that is visible and just doesn't look like vinyl/plastic. I don't think this leather is every going to be a puddle of nothing, but it does get a nice slouch.