Got a HH amethyst triple compartment today...

i bought the mercer satchel in amethyst then decided i really wanted it in black...the black one arrived and it just didn't "fall" right...the compartments kept opening up on me...so, i exchanged it for the salina drawstring in amethyst...i love drawstring bags and love a lot of things about the salina, but, i have to agree that the leather doesn't feel as "rich" as others i've seen...i did get it during HHs 1/2 price "deal" sale of the hour which is good!

Final update, for anyone still interested:

I got the purple Havana hobo from the HH store on Bleecker St. and the leather is much nicer and richer - more like Bulga leather, less plasticky-feeling. Also, the bag was on sale - $215!!! So it was half as much as the mercer TC and twice as nice. The hobo has a few "dings" on it because it was the display model, but for $215 I can deal with it - and, after wearing it a few times, I'm sure I'd ding it up myself.

Glad you got a solution that you are happy with..

I would sooooo love just to be able to walk into the store - and see them irl before making a choice... though I think that I would end up with too many...

Was it your first trip to the store? Did you develop a wish list???

I got the purple Havana hobo from the HH store on Bleecker St. and the leather is much nicer and richer - more like Bulga leather, less plasticky-feeling. Also, the bag was on sale - $215!!! So it was half as much as the mercer TC and twice as nice. The hobo has a few "dings" on it because it was the display model, but for $215 I can deal with it - and, after wearing it a few times, I'm sure I'd ding it up myself.

OOhh!! can you post pics please?
THe Havana in eggplant is on my wishlist..I would love to see it other then on the website:tup:
Thanks!:flowers:

I bought the TC last May. The leather is thick and soft and the side compartments stay shut. It makes me wonder if the quality of these bags is deteriorating? That would be a shame. Enjoy your hobo! It sounds as if you got a good one:tup:

I love the color, but if you don't absolutely love it, you should return it and get something you drool over. I don't know how their new return policy works though...there may be a restocking fee!

FYI there is no restocking fee for this if you wanted to return it. As long as you ask for a RMA within 15 days of receiving the bag.

The only time there is a 20% restocking fee is if you cancel "after the shipping process has begun" on an order you just placed.

WOW, fantastic deal! sounds like you and the Havana were meant to be! Was it a Havana in Plum (last season) or Eggplant (new season)?

i've found alot of variety in HH leather within the same style - for ex. the Nico in Luggage, Iznik yellow, and Currant all felt very different. Makes sense due to the dramatically different dying practices required to achieve each color... but i was shocked when i felt it firsthand!

I'm glad everything worked out for you! I have a Mercer Triple Compartment in Luggage and the leather is buttery soft and the purse is so convenient and functional for me. I guess the textures of the leathers vary depending on the color.

Do the leathers vary on the TC Mercers according to the colour then?

My Vintage black TC Mercer will be here on 2nd oct. and I hoping for 'soft and smooshy...':hrmm:

Here are some pics - I think it's plum from last season.

I'm going back to their store today to return the TC (boy, is there store out of the way - all the way in the corner of Greenpoint!) and I did like the Margot wallet. But, I just don't think it's worth it. If it were $120 instead of $198 I would buy it in a heartbeat. I think that's my general complaint with HH - the bags are not a good value for the money.

I will report back - maybe something will sway me when I"m there!

Attachments

• CIMG0506-1.JPG
    CIMG0506-1.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 28
  • CIMG0507-1.JPG
    CIMG0507-1.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 32
  • CIMG0509-1.JPG
    CIMG0509-1.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 31