Got 2 fake Hermes bags on Instagram

so I did wire transfer 11500 usd to the seller and found out both bags are fake! I informed the seller and she asked me to send them back! She sent me a check of 7500 usd and ignored all my emails and block my Instagram account! What can I do now? I’m so sad
I believe that because a bank wire was involved in the fraud, it is considered a federal crime. Discuss it with your bank. I agree that you're lucky you got most of the money back.

Reactions: eagle1002us
You might want to ask a Mod that this thread be moved to the EBay forum...but it’s my understanding that wire transfers are a lost cause.

My reading of the title is that it is an Instagram transaction not eBay, so it should not be moved other than a caveat emptor.

I don't believe that the countries involved have been mentioned.
If it is not an international transaction you might at least get the satisfaction that the seller can be easily prosecuted.

Last edited:
I have little doubt that the $7500 check will bounce and not only will you not have the money but your bank will charge you fees for depositing a bad check.

Please post a link to the seller's instagram account.

Reactions: lovlouisvuitton
TBH, it's very frustrating when posters come here and, unhappy that they're called out for having made (possibly) dumb moves, disappear!

I know I speak for myself and I'm sure others would do the same....we're still willing to try to help and advise but to vanish without so much as a "thanks anyway" is rude.

Seeing the IG, knowing possible location and other items, etc. could be helpful in ID'ing this crook.

And not coming back actually helps the scammer to continue to rip off others.