Gossip Girl

I liked it for the handbags...but I really liked the books a lot better than the show.
Also, I had NO idea the girl who played Jenny was the girl who played Cindy Lou Who in the Grinch That Stole Christmas w/Jim Carrey!!

well i wasnt expecting too much, my friend minnie was telling me to tune in and it was pretty much what i expected, the acting really sucked excused my language but the clothes were cute esp serenas tuxedo jacket at the bar of the hotel CHIC!!! and dan's dad i think is the most attractive of all the males on that show, anyone agree?

I saw it last night...not sure I will continue watching either.

Personally, I couldn't get over the fact that "Blair" looks kind of like Rachel Bilson (which explains a lot since Josh Schwartz is involved with the show).

I posted a thread in the general handbags discussion asking if anyone could ID the bag that Serena had when she first arrived home - it was a brown hobo. My first thought was Coach, but then I looked closer and don't think that it is.

Here is a clip where you can catch a better glimpse towards the end: http://video.aol.com/video/tv-gossip-girl-upfront-preview/1911477

If anyone has any idea what it is, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

i love this show, and i will definitely be a regular watcher. i got to see it early because it was available for free on itunes. i loved the o.c. before it started going downhill in the third season, so now i have a new guilty pleasure.

i was curious about the books after having really enjoyed the pilot episode. i bought the first one, read it, and hated it. imo, the show is taking a much better direction by not being 100% faithful to the book series. half of the storylines and characterizations in the books would not have translated well on screen at all. the main characters were very two dimensional, and they were written in a way that made none of them likeable or interesting. i read the second book just to see if perhaps it would grow on me, and the story only got worse.

Watched it last night ... I think it's quite entertaining ... the pilot makes me want to watch it again next week. Serena is so serene, don't u think :smile: ... Dan's dad is hot but looks to young ...