Gorgeous INK Work SB $499.99 but SMOKEY

I wonder if you set it in a box of kitty litter (not USED obviously) overnight or for a few days - covered the bag with the litter - if that would work??

eeeeuuuuwwww.....i wont buy anything if its from a smoking household. Most wouldnt disclose that, so I do give that seller props for saying so in the auction.

I wonder if you set it in a box of kitty litter (not USED obviously) overnight or for a few days - covered the bag with the litter - if that would work??

I didn't try the kitty litter, but did stuff newspaper in and around the bag newspaper and placed the bag in an unused bathroom and turned on my ionizer for 1 week with door closed. Smoke still there. The ionizer has worked on other odours, e.g. perfume, but just cannot get rid of smoke.

yep, I bid on it, and then the listing and my bid were cancelled because the seller made "an error in the listing." then it came back up, and now the disclosure about smoker stench.

No, the smoke bit was there in the original auction. I think they took it down to add the colour is ink. Previously they called it eggplant.

You can't change the title once it has bids on it. It wouldn't come up in searches if they didn't have ink in the title. It would have been nice for them to let you know they were going to end it and relist though.

I did see the LMB has something to help with smells and also they have tips for getting the smoke smell out of bags. I have a bag that has a very faint smell and while it has gotten much lighter I can still smell it. That is always the first question I ask about a bag, I cannot deal with leather that has absorbed the smell of smoke!

You can get it out. I have bought bags that smelled like smoke. I sprayed paper towels with the leather scented air freshner for cars set them outside, in the sun for a couple of days. That usually does it. If it's really heavy, which one was, I put 2 huge boxes of baking soda in a trash bag, sealed it tight and left it for a week. Then I put 3-4 dryer sheets in the bag and got all of the air out of the bag, sealed it really tightly, left it for a few days, then put it outside in the sun for a couple of day, that did the trick.
LMB has something that is guranteed to remove smoke odor. One nice thing about bags from smokers, you can get some really good deals. :graucho: My Mom smokes so it's not that big of a deal. I'm used to smelling it even though she does NOT smoke in the house.