Gorgeous 06 Camel City $500 SP

Yes, the seller can cancel your bid but when that happens I thought Ebay sends you an automatic message saying your bid was cancelled by the seller blah blah... You should ask the seller why your bid was cancelled.

I'm not sure but I asked seller yesterday if she wants to end auctin early she came up with BIN price of $899
Maybe someone else requested or she was afraid that it will sell less than $899 maybe that why cancel auction and relisted as BIN..?

I'm not sure but I asked seller yesterday if she wants to end auctin early she came up with BIN price of $899
Maybe someone else requested or she was afraid that it will sell less than $899 maybe that why cancel auction and relisted as BIN..?
As I sat down to dinner I talked to my husband about it and he thought the same thing. Maybe the BIN was put up because she feared it selling for less. The thing is, I'd be happy to pay the BIN price as I LOVE BIN'S. But after cancelling my bid (let's suppose it was for that reason), I'm weary about dealing with this seller now. I've had such great experiences lately with ebay sellers that I'd hate to have something go wrong. I really wanted an 05 Caramel City but thought this one looked nice so I bid. Now this.:crybaby: I was going to email the seller and ask what happened to my bid, but I don't like the fact that she has both auctions still up. I don't think it's fair to the person (and me) that already bid. I know she has the right to do whatever she wants with her auction, but it still seems shady.

Don't know now. Maybe it's just me that feels like this. I take pride on how I conduct all my Ebay transactions and try to be as communicative as possible. This is really the first time I've had a problem of this kind. And why was my bid cancelled? I have EXCELLENT FB as a prompt payer with good communication. Sorry for going on and on but this is really getting on my nerves.:sad:

I'm sorry Fendi! That really bothers me too. I think if a seller cancels a bid they should at least send them a message saying why. If it was me I would just forget about it. Plus if you got it, what if an amazing '05 caramel city came up?

Fendi, I agree that it's strange the seller has 2 auctions with the same bag. it's unlikely he/she has 2 06 camel citys. Maybe they were trying to add a BIN to the auction and realized after there was a bid that they couldn't so they made a new auction with a BIN price and will cancel the one with bids if the bag sells?? or maybe they canceled your bid so they could add the BIN?? I don't know, the whole thing seems strange. I think you should hold out for an 05 caramel since that's what you really want anyway. I love the color of my 05 much better than the 06 camel which has a more butterscotch look to it to me, beautiful but different than the 05..

Fendi, I agree that it's strange the seller has 2 auctions with the same bag. it's unlikely he/she has 2 06 camel citys. Maybe they were trying to add a BIN to the auction and realized after there was a bid that they couldn't so they made a new auction with a BIN price and will cancel the one with bids if the bag sells??
That's what I think too.

Thanks Pewter and scoutfinch910. My first instict when I saw this one pop up was to hold out for an '05. I should've gone with my gut feeling and stayed away. I don't have a problem with not getting the bag just the way the entire ebay experience has turned out. I will hold out for my '05 City which I'm sure is out there somewhere.;)

Thanks for letting me vent.

No.
Look on the first page of the thread and you'll see which one we mean. It's an 06 not an 05. I just WANT an '05 - hence the confusion.:smile:

Hi, fendihunter. I know you want a 05 caramel, and the thread is for that 06 caramel. I was looking at that 06 one as well, asked the seller about the BIN price, and she responsed back said she don't do BIN. It was kind of strange that she has another one with BIN of $899.

Anyway, then I was searching the ebay, and found this tan one, which I think should be the 05 caramel instead of tan. This one has the bidding price of $510 right now, which I think it's a good deal.

Hi, fendihunter. I know you want a 05 caramel, and the thread is for that 06 caramel. I was looking at that 06 one as well, asked the seller about the BIN price, and she responsed back said she don't do BIN. It was kind of strange that she has another one with BIN of $899.

Anyway, then I was searching the ebay, and found this tan one, which I think should be the 05 caramel instead of tan. This one has the bidding price of $510 right now, which I think it's a good deal.
See, that's what I mean. Why screw aroung with people that way. Tell a potential buyer you don't offer BIN's and then put one up when there are already bids on the auction. To me that is seriously screwed up!!!

As for the other bag, the price is good if it doesn't go too much higher. I'm over trying for an 05 for the moment. I gotta get this fiasco out of my system. Maybe when the other bags I'm waiting for arrive, I might feel in the mood to take the plunge.

This is the reason why I HATE AUCTIONS!!!! BIN ALL THE WAY!!!!