Tech Google Nexus 7 tablet

I was gifted one and received got it recently. i like it more than the nook color, which i also have. Haven't tried it outdoors yet given that it does have a very highly glossy screen I have yet to test how if fare. I like that it's lighter to carry than the Nook Color and or the Nook Tablet. Surfing is easier and the camera is neat-o. As a reader the built in app is fine minor tweaking needed the lovely part is being able to download the amazon and nook apps for any books you purchased and reading on any of the 3 readers and not being limited to the free books available. The missing expansion card might be an issue later no clue yet but as a handy tablet it, pretty much, is a good deal.

I've had it now for about a month and love it! I don't have a phone with internet so am probably thrilled with most features that many take for granted, but I am happy to have this!

We recently returned from a trip to the continental U.S. and found the Google maps feature really handy. Even if a wireless connection was not available, I could almost always view our location on the Nexus and it was wonderful to be able to zoom in and not need reading glasses! :biggrin: It was helpful to see how close we were to another highway or intersection. We had also brought along a Garmin GPS but that didn't seem to work so the Nexus saved us.

I discovered that it fits perfectly into a Vera Bradley medium cosmetic case. Works great because it's slightly padded, and has a waterproof lining. Not for everyone, I know, but works for me as it doesn't add a lot of weight to it.

I definitely recommend it! I use mine nonstop it is a commuter's must-have! Its smaller than my husband's iPad and fits in almost all of my purses easily. I get a lot is similar apps and games so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I recently got a new Nokia smartphone that also has the hotspot feature with my data plan and I just get my nexus to use my phone's data to look up when the next bus is arriving or just to check the internet with the nexus. I've never been attached to apple products though so I'm glad there are other options for a consumer like myself!

Yes, the GPS on it IS amazing, considering it isn't connected to a wifi or data network when using it. I use Google Now to pull up something before I leave, and it is updating while I'm in the car with no connection!

I'm loving it more and more, and it helps that all of my Nookcolor accessories work with it. iPads and other 9 inch tablets aren't as portable imo, and I can't read on them. My Nexus is my constant companion, it fits inside of nearly every bag I own.

Since the ipad Mini is such big news, thought I'd bump this up.

I have short fingers and the Nexus 7 is a good fit to hold in my hand but any wider would be a problem. I don't think I would be able to hold the ipad Mini!

So far the 16GB has been fine for my needs. I thought I would need more but surprisingly no or at least not yet. I use it for reading books while waiting to pick up the kids, showing photos to friends and some internet surfing.

Thanks for these posts, ladies. My son's tutor has one of these and she lets him use it when they do research. She also has an iPad and says she prefers the Nexus to the iPad. We are thinking of getting a tablet for the family and are strongly considering this.

I have yet to try the iPad mini but this seems like a strong contender for my money ! But I'm still waiting to see if the 16gb is enough or should I go for 32gb. I have the ipad2 16gb and it's fast running out of memory since I load some videos and movies for the kids to watch.

I just ordered the Nexus 7 32GB. I read a bunch of reviews of the Nexus 7 vs. iPad Mini and chose the Nexus for pixals, size, speed, microUSB and other features. Oh, and price too lol.

Can't wait to get it!