Goodie, a 2nd piece of LV held at German customs. My run of bad

that is crazy! how do they even know the package contains an LV luggage tag? it's so small, I would think it'd fit a small bubble envelope (our custom officer rarely opened an envelope-size package). Was it declared as an LV item??

No, but German customs seems to check a lot of things that come from outside of EU. When we first moved here, my DH's mom sent us a care package w/ candies, potato chips and chocolate chip cookies (don't laugh). And it was held at customs for inspection.

How did your mom send this to you?

A luggage tag could have easily been placed in an envelope where no customs form is required. Was it in a package with other items? Did she write "Louis Vuitton" on the customs form? If so, I wouldn't do that anymore...I never write anything too specific on the customs forms, just to avoid the possibility of someone getting ahold of the package and stealing the contents.

How did your mom send this to you?

A luggage tag could have easily been placed in an envelope where no customs form is required. Was it in a package with other items? Did she write "Louis Vuitton" on the customs form? If so, I wouldn't do that anymore...I never write anything too specific on the customs forms, just to avoid the possibility of someone getting ahold of the package and stealing the contents.

My mom sent the luggage tag in a flat bubble envelope, same way Let Trade sent my bracelet.

On the custom form, my mom wrote "luggage tag" w/ a $20 value, and Let Trade wrote "used bracelet" w/ a $40 value. Neither mentioned LV, yet both were held by customs. I had to go down to the office in person to open the packages.

Once customs saw they were LV items, they told me they had to hold it for authentication.

My mom sent the luggage tag in a flat bubble envelope, same way Let Trade sent my bracelet.

On the custom form, my mom wrote "luggage tag" w/ a $20 value, and Let Trade wrote "used bracelet" w/ a $40 value. Neither mentioned LV, yet both were held by customs. I had to go down to the office in person to open the packages.

Once customs saw they were LV items, they told me they had to hold it for authentication.

so weird, were both sent via EMS by chance :confused1: So far I've never had any problems with items sent via Global Priority Mail (or Priority Mail International, what it's called now) or Airmail, but every single EMS package I got (no difference whether it was from Asia or the US) has been caught by customs :Push:

^^^^Hmmm, I'm pretty sure Let Trade uses EMS for all their shipping. But I think my mom just used International Priority Mail.

She did fill out a custom form, now it sounded like maybe she didn't have to?

Who knows....