Goodbye Sergio Rossi

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So, I don't know if this is the right forum to post such thing, but as many of you may know today Sergio Rossi died in Italy of coronavirus.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8184489/Italian-luxury-shoemaker-Sergio-Rossi-dies-coronavirus.html

I am a huge fan of his work and just a couple months ago I bought my first Sergio Rossi shoes. He has been an incredible designer and father of Gianvito Rossi, who inherited his love and his amazing taste for fashion, shoe art, and amazing materials.
    In the 60s he created his first famous worldwide collection, from the 70s onwards he collaborated with countless amazing designers (Versace, Dolce&Gabbana and Alaia to name just a couple of them).
    Today the world of Made in Italy lost a pioneer and an icon.

I would suggest to tribute him, if you have any Sergio Rossi post a picture...let's remember him with love and admiration for his incredible taste and passion :heart:

2. I just read this too, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to his family including his son Gianvito Rossi who carried on the family tradition and who also makes beautiful shoes.

I have a Sergio Rossi evening clutch in tanzanite, purple-blue metallic calf and gunmetal hw. I'm afraid I won't be able to post a pic because it's in another location.

I don't know how many of you know but Sergio Rossi (as part of Kering) made shoes for Gucci until 5 years ago (obviously enough the heels) and on the same last as Sergio Rossi's own. I will my post my Gucci Wimbledons and red Bettys here as tribute.

Attached Files:

limom, iamluthien, ladysarah and 4 others like this.
  3. His shoes were my earliest collectibles. I was, and still am, a fan of his designs.

If anyone remembers his little store in NYC Soho 10+ years ago, I used to stop by a few times a month. Such great service and beautiful shoes and workmanship..comfort was unreal.

I know his legacy will live on, and through his son, but he was THE original.

I will share my pics in remembrance...

4. Loved him and have a bunch of older sandals and mules but my motorcycle boots are my fave of all boots and still wear them constantly. RIP SR 9A403CF8-6E54-4CE2-858F-6C38E39EB2BE.jpeg

5. I own some of his shoes, his factory is just 30 minutes from my home so I could easily shop at the outlet there.
    I have read that his family made donations to the local hospital and donated 100% of the online sales for some days too.
    His shoes have nothing to envy to JC or Louboutin in my opinion.
    Will post pics later

6. Ohhhh! The red pair..... so beautiful. Praying over the family. Praying over everyone right now actually.

papertiger likes this.
  7. Amazing! And where is this place? I ask because I am Italian and American and I lived for 16 years in Italy and my parents still live in Italy where I am several months every year.

I have only one pair, but I will glad to post it later

8. It is in San Mauro Pascoli, that area is famous for shoemakers (Pollini, Zanotti and Casadei also have their factories there)

9. SILLY pj allert:
    [​IMG]

Covid-isolation mood, unfortunately this is the best pic I can do at the moment: my amazing Sergio Rossi, the picture doesn't do them justice.

RIP Sergio, sit tibi terra levis

maryg1, limom, fendifemale and 2 others like this.
  10. My first pair of designer heels were a pair of pearl iridescent mules I got and loved... some 25 years ago!

papertiger and iamluthien like this.
  11. Thanks for sharing. I have pony hair high top sneakers.

papertiger and iamluthien like this.
  12. Not the best pics, but here we go:

Attached Files:

13. Beautiful shoes, but the sandals are just amazing!

maryg1 likes this.
  14. RIP

15. Yes I do love both sandals, they’re extremely comfy even on Italian cobblestone