Goodbye Prada!

mimiywan

Feb 11, 2008
I am shopping for a new bag to hold my laptop and I am traveling a lot cross country. I have three Prada totes, purchased at Barneys, all on sale. But they have not worn well and I have sent them to Barneys and then Prada (I think) to be fixed.

No more!

One bag I love is the Tessuto Gaufre Nylon Tote in black but the shoulder strap is ridiculously narrow and could not possibly hold the weight of the bag and any real contents.

I looked at this season's bags and they are beautiful but for the quality and price, I think I am going Balenciaga. I am so sad!

I love Prada, but to carry anything heavy like a laptop, I have a Balenciaga work. I bought it used and it takes all kinds of abuse and still looks great. I've carried it on the plane for work, shopping and just general everyday. A work doesn't have a strap so I don't load much more than a laptop, phone, wallet, cosmetic case and tissues in it so it doesn't get too heavy.

The only Prada I load heavily is my Vitello Diano I bought 6 years ago. It wears like iron.

Honestly, I think expecting any bag to carry a laptop (apart from a specifically designed bag) is expecting abit much. I'm sorry to hear your disappointed with your purchases though.

A tote bag should be able to carry a laptop. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your prada totes OP, may I ask what happened exactly? Maybe if it's a manufacturing defect they'll replace them?