Goodbye Collection :(

ashdir103104

10-31-04 <3
Dec 18, 2007
So as you all know I am having some problems paying off my debt. I only have about $3200 left (ouch!) but I know I can pay it off. In norder to pay it off I am selling most of my collection. I have already sold my brown gallery tote, black/gray messenger bag, khaki/angora Carly, and a black/gray mini signature soho wallet. Now I have looked through my collection again and I am sadly selling my large black siggy Carly (it was too heavy for me anyways), my denim patchwork Carly (maybe! I love it!), two of my bleecker hobos (still haven't decided which to keep...maybe the khaki and sell the black and chocolate) and a bunch of other things! Left in my collection will be my medium chili Carly, scarf print shoulder tote from last year, and my new pond patent hobo. The only problem I have is that I don't have a black or brown bag anymore.....I have no idea what to do! I am going to look at the new items tomorrow since I am doing a couple of returns so maybe something new will catch my eye. I am just afraid that I will sell most of my bags and be left with only using my chili Carly since I am thinking of returning the new pond Ergo hobo. I know I am posting this alot but I need some support since my fiance doesn't understand how much I love my bags :crybaby: Thanks for letting me get it out. I know you all understand!

AWWW!!!! *hugs* It must be SO hard... I'm sorry you are losing your beloved bags but it is important not to be in debt for now and into the future. I'm actually watching your black siggy carly on e-bay so maybe it will go to another TPFer? I hope that doesn't upset you! I'm not sure I can afford another bag at the moment though... we'll see.

The chili carly is GORGEOUS and so is the pond ergo!!! I wouldn't stress about not having a black or brown bag for now because it is getting to be spring and summer anyways and it's time to bust out all the pretty colors!

Good luck paying off your debt and you can always re-build your collection later... probably with bags you love even more! Best wishes :angel:

I completely understand. My hubby cannot relate in the slightest to my :heart: for my bags! Hang in there, I am working some extra hours to try and pay off some debt, so I know what that's like. But the new bags that just came out might completely foil my efforts! But kudos to you for actually taking the step to part with them, I have yet to be that strong:hrmm:

That is definitely true about it being spring and summer, I never thought of it like that! I would love for my bags to go to other tpfers but I can't control that :sad: Then I would know that my bags would be taken care of and loved like I love them :smile: Thanks so much for your advice and support. This is why I love this forum :hugs:

I completely understand. My hubby cannot relate in the slightest to my :heart: for my bags! Hang in there, I am working some extra hours to try and pay off some debt, so I know what that's like. But the new bags that just came out might completely foil my efforts! But kudos to you for actually taking the step to part with them, I have yet to be that strong:hrmm:
Well my fiance and I are finally moving in together so I am forcing myself to do the right thing. I know I don't need....18....bags lol so it is definitely for the better and starting our new life together is more than I could wish for. But getting this debt out of the way will lift such a heavy weight that has been on my shoulder and my life will be so much better. I hate credit cards!!!! :cursing:

Wow you have an impressive collection!! My husband would just KILL me if I had close to that many pricey bags. I think you are doing the right thing! No debt feels sooooooooooo good!! You can build up your collection in no time with no debt! I too love the patent pond ergo tote, but I just know deep down I would not carry it much. I am sure your chili Carly is TDF! Will you post a picture of her for me? I would love to see her! I have narrowed my collection down to just 3 Coach's now. My khaki/black Carly, Black Ali and my python striped belted carryall. I have three bags that I can go between and that is enough for me. How did you even know what bag to carry with that huge collection? That would be painfully agonizing for me to have to choose everyday :sad:

Credit cards are evil, and you will feel soooooo much better without that debt hanging over your head. Easy to say now, tough to do sometimes though! Sounds like you've got your priorities in the right order, and I wish you the very best in your effort to part with your bags:cry: and in beginning a life with someone you love!:woohoo:

I'm sorry that you're having to sell your bags now. Your new life is ahead of you and imagine it debt-free! Being in debt is like being a slave practically. We all want to be free! I have four coach bags and often I think I only need two even though there is no pressure right now to sell any of mine, I just think I need to discipline myself for some reason. "Everything in moderation" is a good motto. Or another one is there is such thing as too much of a good thing!

Well lately I have only been using my chili Carly because I LOVE her! I switched into my pond ergo to see if I like it but I don't know if I can pull off patent so she will be staying home until I get the guts to bring her out if I keep her. Here is my chili (the pic is really bad and doesn't show the color well but I will try to take another pic tomorrow with a different camera. She is gorgeous though!
redcarly.jpg

I know how you feel. I have been cutting down my collection myself.
I have 11 bags now. For 2008 my goal is to have a practical collection that I love and no debt. I just sold a bunch of stuff myself and in the ned it was kind of freeing...there was one bag that was hard to get rid of for a min but I didn't need it and I got over it.
My husband doesn't understand bags either but he is still the best!

I was wondering if you would like the pond hobo--I like mine quite a bit. Do you think that you'd prefer it in the brown color?

I'm so proud of you for downsizing--I know that it must be so hard to make decisions as to which bags to sell. I've read many posts in which the ladies mentioned that they felt so much better with fewer bags in their collections. As the PPs said, the feeling of "no debt" is going to be such a pay-off in the long run! Good for you for being proactive and addressing the need! Also, think about this--the less debt you have, the less interest you pay (which is more money in YOUR pocket--or bag!--for future purchases!). Take care!

Awwwww, I know it must be rough but you are doing the right thing, when you are out of debt you'll feel as if a weight has been lifted from your shoulders! Hang in there, this is only temporary and when the time comes and you do get a new bag - you'll feel better about your purchase because you paid cash and had the money to do so - no guilt! :smile:

Linda

Good luck - and like everyone has said, getting out of debt is the best thing to do. My husband and I have been married for 16 years, and we both had credit card debt when we got married. Getting that paid off took years - but when it was done, it was sooooo worth it. Now I use my cards responsibly, never pay interest, and only charge what I know I can pay off. It's hard, and sometimes you have to wait a little longer for things you want, but it's really nice to look at a bill and be able to pay it off, rather than see the interest amount on the bill and watch yourself go further into debt.

Good luck with selling your bags - it's hard - but it sounds like the right thing to do right now.