Good workhorse large everyday work tote under the radar

kate2828

Feb 19, 2017
Hi all - I am in need of a good workhorse tote that is large and capable of carrying files, wallet, and sometimes a packed lunch. I need something under the radar so nothing with logos everywhere like a lv neverfull. I need it also to be large - at least mm to gm neverfull sized. I don't mind if it is open on the top as I can always use a bag organizer. have considered the large saint laurent tote but have reservations based on a review by chase amy on how easily the interior gets scratched up. I will not consider Goyard because I need something durable and it has logos everywhere anyway. I have considered the epi neverfull but would prefer something a little less structured. As much as I love longchamps they are too small. I am not a fan of Tory burch although I have considered the perry tote. And not a Coach or MK fan either. Just my personal preference. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

You could always have a custom Le Pliage made. You can get the largest size with long handles, it's something I have thought of for ages. It's around the same size as a Neverfull GM, I think.

Another good option would be a Lumi Supermarket XXL. Leather wears like iron, the bag has a wide bottom so it's easy to organize and also Lumi bags are very well made. It's a bit on the heaver side but I haven't found the weight too much of a burden. I have the XXL in Wine, but they have a bunch of new colors again this spring.

Reactions: kate2828
I have this gorgeous Yepa tote from a brand called Hustle And Hide on etsy. No all over logos, sturdy kodiak leather meaning the leather is hardy, can take a beating and water resistant. And totally customizable so you can add extra pockets, remove the tassels, make the dimensions bigger, etc. I have this bag in black and I love it. Very light, holds a ton, and is beautiful. The only downside is the seller doesn't line her bags so the leather dust gets on my stuff.

It took me about 1-2 weeks to receive my bag but if you need it right away the seller (whose name is Teddi) is super sweet and willing to work with you! The bag costs $310 and worth every penny.

ETA: link is here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/241327496/the-yepa-messenger-tote-w-optional

Attachments

• IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 327
You could always have a custom Le Pliage made. You can get the largest size with long handles, it's something I have thought of for ages. It's around the same size as a Neverfull GM, I think.

Another good option would be a Lumi Supermarket XXL. Leather wears like iron, the bag has a wide bottom so it's easy to organize and also Lumi bags are very well made. It's a bit on the heaver side but I haven't found the weight too much of a burden. I have the XXL in Wine, but they have a bunch of new colors again this spring.

I had no idea!! Thank you so much!