"Good" sweater for freaking cold weathers Moncler or Canada Goose??or else

Apr 17, 2012
I just traveled from freaking cold places during winter break.... (Canada and Europe)that was first time I been to the cold place under -3C. And I did not pack much warm clothes. Once I got there I saw a lot people wear Moncler and Canada goose jacket. I was thinking I should get one soon I have to back there during the winter break.
What do you think between two brand Moncler and Canada goose? And prefer more???

If you have 2k-3k to buy a moncler then I would. However, I do believe that Canada goose is pretty comparable, except for a much lower price. Depending on your needs, I would look into the different styles and what you will actually need and then go from there.

I live in Canada I got myself a Moncler a few years ago after battling these cold Canadian winters for years. Yes, they are on the mor pricey side, but I looked at it as a coat that I'll have for years, and not everyone has one like a Canada goose, Mackage etc.. I personally find it much more warmer than the Canada Goose.

I wore my Canada Goose for the first time in upstate New York last weekend. I know it's not as cold as Canada but it was still cold there! The coat was warm and comfy. Unsnapping the backs flaps made the coat more comfortable for the car ride and the knit sleeves kept the cold out.

I'm eyeing the Moose Knuckles coats. They are super cute!

I have a North Face down parka and it is awesome! I grew up in the very cold and now live where winters are quite similar with lots of snow. Just last week where I live the temps never got above 20 F and I was toasty warm in my NF parka.

I have a North Face down parka and it is awesome! I grew up in the very cold and now live where winters are quite similar with lots of snow. Just last week where I live the temps never got above 20 F and I was toasty warm in my NF parka.
I'm with redney. I live in a ski resort (in Canada) and my coat of choice is The North Face. The Metropolis Parka is my fave but I have a few different styles and lengths. They're super lightweight and pack well. It's mostly just the tourists here that wear Moncler and Canada Goose. You mostly see NF, Marmot, Columbia, etc on most locals around here.
If you're planning on spending several hours at a time standing or walking outside, then you might want something warmer. If you need something to wear from the car to the two blocks to a restaurant, I think Canada Goose might be overkill.

I'm with redney. I live in a ski resort (in Canada) and my coat of choice is The North Face. The Metropolis Parka is my fave but I have a few different styles and lengths. They're super lightweight and pack well. It's mostly just the tourists here that wear Moncler and Canada Goose. You mostly see NF, Marmot, Columbia, etc on most locals around here.
If you're planning on spending several hours at a time standing or walking outside, then you might want something warmer. If you need something to wear from the car to the two blocks to a restaurant, I think Canada Goose might be overkill.
Thanks so much for sharing, very helpful for getting my next coat.

Reactions: V0N1B2
i have the canada goose (chilliwack) bomber and parka (kensington or shelburne i think). they both keep me nice and toasty (i get cold easily). i wear the bomber for anything below 40F and the parka for below 20F-ish. i wear them even if i'm not outside long. the monclers i've felt didn't nearly as warm.

Hello! I am trying to decide btw Moncler and CG for a good down coat. Many Moncler coats doesn't come with a fur hood whereas CG down coats do. Does it make a difference? Moncler fit me better though.

Some Moncler models do have the fur hoods. Check Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom websites even the Moncler site to check the different models, personally, I don't find it makes a difference, I'm not crazy about the fur aspect as when it snows especially heavily and gets wet I don't like that the fur has to dry out if your out all day your running around with wet fur. Then again it depends what kind of climate your living in!

moncler for regular cold weather, canada goose for frigid cold weather. I prefer the looks of moncler but moncler only works for me around 30- 40 F then i either have to layer a shearing jacket under or go for canada goose.

Some Moncler models do have the fur hoods. Check Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom websites even the Moncler site to check the different models, personally, I don't find it makes a difference, I'm not crazy about the fur aspect as when it snows especially heavily and gets wet I don't like that the fur has to dry out if your out all day your running around with wet fur. Then again it depends what kind of climate your living in!

Thank u for your advice! I haven't thought about the fur getting wet! I am going to London and Japan in Winter probably during Jan-Feb time. I tried a Moncler model with a fur hood and to be honest I don't look good in it all all - raccoon fur just don't agree with me I look like a bush. I was persuaded by the Canada goose website that fur is important.

moncler for regular cold weather, canada goose for frigid cold weather. I prefer the looks of moncler but moncler only works for me around 30- 40 F then i either have to layer a shearing jacket under or go for canada goose.

I prefer the look of Moncler too but I think I may try out Canada Goose also. I felt Moncler wasn't that warm when I tried it on but the fit sure is amazing!