Good size for tennis bracelet

Newchanel

Jan 10, 2015
I've been thinking of getting one forever and looking to take the plunge. What's a good size? I usually only wear earrings and have been trending towards bigger earrings with sizes of 3-4 tcw earrings in last couple of years.

Do you intend to wear it everyday or just for some occasions? The tcw depends on your price range, your wrist bone structure and how snug/loose you want it to be. I think that 2-4 tcw would be a nice size for everyday wear. If you want more blingly then increase the tcw. As for fit, I can fit one finger between the wrist and my bracelet. Whereas I like my bangle to be more snug.

For fit, this is a good guideline:
Snug Fit - Add 1/4" to 1/2"
Comfort Fit - Add 1/2" to 1"
Loose Fit - Add 1 1/4"

The ones shown are very pretty. Depending on length of the bracelet, you are looking at around 46 stones at 0.15 c each (give or take a few stones). That's around 7 tcw. Price can be range widely depending on the 4 Cs. I'm not an expert, just basing this on memory.

Go to a jewellery store and try some on. It's better to get a sense of how things look when you have it on. GL

Reactions: skyqueen
Having gone through a TB and diamond stud upgrade (3 times each), both items tend to fall under the "diamond shrinkage" umbrella.
Get something big enough that after 6 months you don't find the bracelet too small (bling) in carat weight, or buy from a company that
lets you upgrade. Personally I like a 7 tcw TB.

Having gone through a TB and diamond stud upgrade (3 times each), both items tend to fall under the "diamond shrinkage" umbrella.
Get something big enough that after 6 months you don't find the bracelet too small (bling) in carat weight, or buy from a company that
lets you upgrade. Personally I like a 7 tcw TB.

Thanks. "Diamond shrinkage" is such an apt term! I really am worried about that. I have a pair of 1.5 tcw earrings which I thought was over the top when I bought but now feels small to me.

I don't really want to buy another TB again. This really has to be it - I've thought about this since my twenties and after so many years, I'm finally taking the plunge.

But then again I do worry about just putting down 20k + on something I don't wear that often (I have never worn a bracelet before prior to this!