good quality shirts?

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
I'm having troubles finding good quality shirts in a reasonable price range!
I don't need to buy too many of them, a very good white one, a black one and other 2 or 3 maximum. For the white one I'm willing to spend over 100 euros if needed, but so far I haven't seen anything that impressed me.
What are your favorite brands?

What kind of fabric/type of shirts are you looking for? Cotton, silk, button down, blouse, tee, etc?

I like Acne for good cotton/silk button downs. You can find pieces on Outnet and elsewhere during sales rather than pay full price. If you're willing to scout around even more and be patient, you can find Maison Martin Margiela shirts for heavily discounted costs. For moderately priced silk shirts, I like Nexx on sale (Nordstrom brand, but they might've stopped carrying them?) or Vince Camuto (they run bigger lately). I generally prefer Theory for dresses, but some of their shirts - as long as bought on sale - are okay.

Jcrew print and oxford cotton or linen button downs are my favorites!
My favorite classic white button-down that you don't have to iron is from Lands End
For dressy, clean gorgeous designs (like a white blouse so precious it could be worn with a black ball gown skirt) - can't beat Anne Fontaine
Silk button downs - Theory, Joie and Equipment
Patterned, beautiful but modern blouses - DVF

I'm looking for cotton and silk shirts.
Thanks for all the suggestions, are these brands available in Europe too?

Been living in a Ann Deemeulster white silk shirt this summer. The construction is flawless and the sale price was no good to pass on. It has washed beautifully and I hang on a shaped plastic hanger to dry. Haven't used an iron on it yet as I pull the seams back into shape while it's drying. However it is not a crisp office look, more deemeulster arty.

I'm looking for cotton and silk shirts.
Thanks for all the suggestions, are these brands available in Europe too?

Acne and Maison Martin Margiela are European brands (Swedish and Belgian). Outnet has an international site, as does Net-a-porter. Nordstrom has international delivery, but I don't know if it'd be worth it for the other two brands I mentioned because I get them on sale for super cheap and you can probably find comparable silks already in Europe.

You should also check out Farfetch for deals, as a lot of their stuff comes from Europe in the first place.

I also agree with Equipment shirts - love them and easily enough found on sale so full price isn't required - be careful with sizing though specifically anything from the 'signature' line as they run huge!

I also like the Two By Vince Camuto version of the Equipment shirts, really fabulous for the price!

I have three Tory Burch blouses and have also found them to be fantastic quality and design.

All of the above brands are (un/fortunately) silk which means high maintenance!

My friend who lives in Europe recommended Sacoor brand for shirts - I purchased one (cotton, nothing special), it was ok as far as fit was concerned but didn't hold up with loads of washing.

I also agree with Equipment shirts - love them and easily enough found on sale so full price isn't required - be careful with sizing though specifically anything from the 'signature' line as they run huge!

Ha, I'm glad you mentioned that; I'm usually a medium in most blouses, but in some of the Equipment lines I'm XS, which is crazy - I'm 5'9", so I never usually get XS lol

Ha, I'm glad you mentioned that; I'm usually a medium in most blouses, but in some of the Equipment lines I'm XS, which is crazy - I'm 5'9", so I never usually get XS lol

In a way I love it for the ' feel skinny' factor :biggrin: but in reality it's really wrong & so misleading to have such extreme sizing - I'm a size US8/10 so normally a large in most brands however in regular signature blouses I'm a small :graucho: and in the slim signature I'm a medium :graucho: I have a few other Equipment silk tees and blouses of other styles, and for them it's back to large :girlsigh: LOL