GOOD Purse Party Plans??

divalori

Still Lusty
Mar 25, 2007
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any party plans that don't sell knockoffs? I'd love to get into a plan where women can just buy cute purses, but everything I've looked into is all "inspired" and if not, they are nothing I would ever wear myself (and I think that's key, would *I* wear it).

This is not to start a discussion on how bad parties are, we all know most are. What I'm looking for, is something GOOD and legal where my conscience will feel good too.

Never heard of a legal one either. But, my girlfriends and I do clean out our closets once per year and all get together to go through each other's clothes, bags, and shoes and trade. It's a great way to get your hands on some free designer loot! Perhaps you can arrange something like that with your girlfriends? (Assuming they too only buy authentic and have similar tastes to your's :smile:

There are companies that come to do a purse party where you make your own purse. You can pick the fabrics and the shape and you pick it out and hang out with your friends and they send you the purse a couple weeks later. I know they have it in Chicago and my friends in Philadelphia have done it... I'm sure it is in other cities too though.

I really like the idea of getting together and trading bags/shoes/purses, etc.

I suppose you could call that a "purse party" but I think you should be able to change the name and call it something else.

I saw in an issue of People and they had a Coach "purse party" and all the celebs came and bought Coach purses to donate money to charity. It was called that, but it wasn't that.

Never heard of a legal one either. But, my girlfriends and I do clean out our closets once per year and all get together to go through each other's clothes, bags, and shoes and trade. It's a great way to get your hands on some free designer loot! Perhaps you can arrange something like that with your girlfriends? (Assuming they too only buy authentic and have similar tastes to your's :smile:
I like that idea. You can make some hors d'ouvres and cocktails and swap goodies!

I guess I should have given more info :biggrin: None of my girlfriends are into purses like me, and I'm actually looking for a little business to get me out of the house and provide extra spending money.

I am leaving my Passion Parties career behind for something new, something that nobody offers around here and if I can find a company to provide what I want and need, I'd like to do it! Especially if I could meet other pursey girls like me, that'd be an added plus.

Beijo is a company that does home parties. Here is a link for the US site. The bags aren't too bad, they hold up quite well. I bought one about a year ago and it still looks new. Not designer at all but some really fun colors.
http://www.beijobags.com/

Oh my, thank you thank you! Every party plan I've looked at has either had CRAP that I wouldn't think of carrying myself, or I'd be breaking the law by selling them (which I'd never do).

But these bags, so FUN and exactly what I was looking for.

I went to a jewelry party that had cute purses. They looked handmade- like all intricately beaded. Very pretty actually! I can't remember the company's name at the moment, but it was a mainly jewelry-focused company that also had bags.

There are companies that come to do a purse party where you make your own purse. You can pick the fabrics and the shape and you pick it out and hang out with your friends and they send you the purse a couple weeks later. I know they have it in Chicago and my friends in Philadelphia have done it... I'm sure it is in other cities too though.

They have them in Cleveland too :yes:

I love that idea! You know how TPF members have meeting about certain designers, well once a year the members could get together and throw a trading party. Like members from LA meet, or New York, etc., I would totally be up for that.