Good news: Tiffany will continue to sell Elsa Peretti

Mar 3, 2008
Back in May there was news that Tiffany may stop selling Elsa Peretti...however, it looks like they came to a deal. According to racked:

"Good news for all ye Tiffany & Co. heart- and/or bean-shaped accessories fans: The company has re-upped it's license with Elsa Perreti for another 20 years.

Back in May, the Italian designer announced that she was planning to "retire" from her 35+ years of working with the jewelers. Tiffany, however, was keen on keeping Perreti around, since her designs account for 10% of the company's net sales. Reps told WWD that Tiffany made "a firm offer" to the designer "in an amount that is based upon the value of the Peretti intellectual property to Tiffany," which we now know amounts to $47.3 million straight up, plus a basic royalty of $450,000 a year and 5% of net sales. Firm indeed."

Yeah! We can still get diamond by the yard, beans, etc. at Tiffany!!! I love Elsa's designs.

Just thought fellow fans would like to know.

Yay! Elsa Peretti designs are BY FAR my favorite pieces at Tiffany & Co.!! DBTY, Bean, Open Heart... I would be lost if these weren't available any longer (mostly because I'm still purchasing them all!)

I cannot begin to fathom what would have happened had the Peretti designs been retired. They are such beautiful classics and my favourite collection by far! That fluidity and beauty of the metal lines are unmatched imo.