GOOD NEWS!!! Nordstrom CHANEL bag will....

nga72

May 2, 2007
So, I spoke to my SA at Topanga Nordstrom and was telling her that I was planning on getting a Chanel bag from SAKs and get ECG's for Thursday. Lucky me she said Nordstrom won't be undersold and they would match what Saks was doing.

Because Nordstrom don't give out ECG's they would deduct the ECG dollar amount from the purchase. Example...if I buy a bag for $2895 they would deduct $300 from it. Because Saks would have given me $300 in ECG's. It's the same price point like Saks for the ECG's.

Anyways, i'm not sure this is for all Nordstrom but my SA name is Jackie. She's great and always finds what I'm looking for. I know she's off on Thursday but she is working tomorrow Wednesday (10am-5pm) and I think you could presale it since she's not there on Thursday. She personally told me this so she would probably be the one to go to. Here's her info.

Ask for Jackie in Chanel handbags (818) 884-7900

twochubbycheeks

..just KEEP swimming
Aug 18, 2007
Yup! I think this is true for ALL Nordies. I have my SA at WA do this (price match)before. They price match Saks, NM's and Bloomingdale's-- I'm not sure what other Dept Stores they can do it for.

glammm

Jun 27, 2008
will they match the no tax as well?

If there is a nordstrom in your state you will be charged local sales tax. Saks has odd tax laws wherein you arent charged tax from paticular stores when you have items sent to you, even if their is a saks in your state. Nordstrom WILL definitely charge you applicable tax if their is a store in your state.

Toriatan

Dec 16, 2007
It's because Saks NY is incorporated as a different company while all Nordstroms are incorporated under the same company.

candy2100

O.G.
Dec 7, 2007
Fantasyland
How do you research pricing at Saks, for example, to be able to show Nordstroms the price difference?

Can you go through it in steps? Do I sound dumb? Don't answer that last question.

haj1119

Jan 5, 2008
According to Saks SA Maurice's email (Thanks to ferociousjeanne for sharing)
"breakdown of the EGC is as follows:

Spend

$250 - $499 get $25 Gift Card
$500 - $999 get $50 Gift Card
$1000 - $1999 get $100 Gift Card
$2000 - $2999 get $300 Gift Card
$3000 or more get $450 Gift Card"

If you buy a 2850 bag, it falls between the highlighted price range. Thus ND can easily calculate how much they can deduct.

The competition is tough, but def. good for us! LOL Thanks for sharing this great info

lauhei

Mar 12, 2006
You could just get whatever other small item for the amount of $150 to make up the total as $3000 to get the deduction of $450. Basically the small item is free!