Good makeup for those who break out easily? MAC to _____?

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
I've been using MAC for years, but the Studio Fix. But now I use the Studio Tech and then the Studio Fix over it.

I think it's time to try something else. The combination is a creamy foundation and then a pressed powder over it, and I have been really liking that combination.

I don't know the first thing about other makeup thats good like MAC though. I've stuck with it for so long.

I was curious if anyone's had the same problem with MAC (probably more because of the Studio Tech which is creamy than the Studio Fix) and breaking out from it, or skin seeming more oily.
Like what did you switch to that fixed the problem?
Or what is good to try for this problem?

Thanks!

i would try a mineral makeup like BE or laura mercier (those are the 2 that i tried personally and both are great although LM looks better on me). i have really oily/acne-prone skin and broke out from everything until i started using mineral makeup (and shu uemura mineral oil cleanser).

Hi, perhaps you would like to try a sampler kit of this mineral foundation powder by a young lady called Luca?

lushboxinc:

Fair skin

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6089388

Tan skin

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5798727

Can't speak from personal experience but the feedback has been favourable from those ladies who have tried the powder:

http://www.etsy.com/feedback_public.php?user_id=42346

Quote from mydolcebaby:
"I really didn't think any foundation would lure me away from my Mac studiofix but this did. It has amazing coverage and there are so many shades to pick from. My skin is very hard to match with most commercial shades and Luca did an amazing job answering my color questions! Thank you so much for fast shipping and wonderful customer service!"

Glo Minerals!!! Glo minerals was my miracle cure. I used MAC studio fix for years and years. It started to become so heavy feeling. I switched to BareMinerals and was somewhat impressed, but I like the pressed compacts rather than the loose powder and felt like the coverage of BareMinerals needed to be better. Then my dermatologist had me try Glo Minerals pressed base and I absolutely love it. It comes with a sponge, but I apply it with the BareMinerals Kabuki brush. And then I just use the BareMinerals Mineral Veil over it to give the finished look. I don't think you can get it in stores, but here's the link to their website.gloMinerals Products

Bare Minerals..hands down. I'm 18 and broke out so much from using Mac and alot of over the counter makeup foundation and one time my mom was watching QVC and Bare Minerals was on...I tried it and have made the switch. I've been using it now for almost 1 year and my skin looks and feels so much better. I don't break out anymore at all and their bronzers, eyeliners, lipglosses are all fab. You should definitely give it a try.

Im an only the best kind of girl and Laura Mercier is the bomb! I LOVE this make up. Im not kidding the majority of people love her make up for the face because its so smooth and amazing. Works wonders.

wow. I had NO idea the minerals makeup did these kinds of things. I never really knew much about them, but I have seen advertisements on TV.

Knowing MAC causes others to break out definitely is making more sense.

I'm not sure which one to start. I may start with the Laura Mercier.

I've had great luck with Laura Mercier.
I've spent so much money on mineral makeup only to be quite disappointed. It just doesn't work for me.

How was the mineral makeup for you? What about it did you not like?

I actually just got back from Sephora and was looking between the Laura Mercier and the Bare Escentuals. I ended up buying the kit from Bare Escentuals "bareMinerals" with like the DVD and the brushes and the different mineral powders. I couldn't make up my mind but I went with that bareMinerals kit. I didn't think I was going to get that because I went in there for the Laura Mercier!

Thanks so much for all the help!

I just watched the little DVD thing for the bareMinerals from that Bare Escentuals and applied it.
It definitely matched my skin very well; I don't let my face tan so I'm having to make my face go several shades darker, and it looked very natural.

I think my biggest problem is that my face still looks so shiny. Like I can't dull down that shine. And I can't get the minerals to conceal where the MAC made me break out, so I took out some liquid concealer I use to cover it up just because I had no other choice. It looked odd though because they're like two different things. But it eventually blended.

That and I can't seem to mask over the pores next to my nose. I mean I only have the mineral vail and then some skin "rever-upper" or whatever it's called, that cream, and then the two different tanned shades to match, and then 3 brushes. So I know it's very beginner anyway.

Anyone else need more than that, what did you use?

haha okay so I went BACK to Sephora today and got that Laura Mercier powder/concealer as well as Vincent Longo liquid foundation.

I put them on about 2.5+ hours ago.

MY FACE IS NOT SATURATED like it always is because I have such oily skin. This makeup is holing up so so well! Now the other thing is the breakouts and the girl working there directed me to the Vincent Longo things saying that most with skin problems such as breakouts have good luck with those products. And I heard good things about the Laura Mercier from you guys!

I am so happy to have found this combination. I hope that it all works out well.

I don't know what I want to do with the Bare Escentuals... I think they're interesting; I may keep them, maybe use them on the body like my chest since it's pale and doesn't absorb sun/sunless tanners well, etc.

Thanks so much for the help!!