GOOD LUCK with your exams - NAUGHTYMANOLO!!!!!

Oh BTW my subjects are: Every subject id worth 2 units (except extension subjects that are worth 1 unit a piece, when your marks are calculated the best 10 units are chosen to conduct the UAI)

English Advanced (at least one subject of English is mandatory)
English Extention 1
English Extention 2 (basically the most amount of English you can do lol! i had to write a novella this year, Pm if you want a copy of it p.s. its really psychological and F***** UP!!)
Mathamatics Advanced (so regret this decision!!)
Textiles and Design
Visual Arts
Food Technology
and I did A Fashion College course which is worth 2 units but no UAI

Your Class rank is also what determines your mark, i swear its SUCH a complex system. I did quite well in most my subjects and all my ranks are between 1st-4th in the class, excluding maths where i am 14th.

Good luck with that! It sounds very complicated. It must be stressful too. Here in the US getting accepted is always a crapshoot. My BF got rejected from one school even though he had a 4.5 GPA (yes, he never got anything less than an A even in all his multiple AP classes) and got a 31 on the ACT and STILL got rejected from schools. He did all kinds of extracurricular activities too. Sometimes schools just have a profile and they're looking for students that match it, not necessarily the most qualified person. I got accepted to a ton of out of state schools because I'm from a small, underrepresented state. Not necessarily because I was more qualified than someone else who was rejected.

It would make SO much more sense if college entrance requirements were standardized like that.

Good luck to you!!!! We will all be pulling. The fashion world will be all the more fabulous with you in it, NM, so get to work and stop banging around the Purse Forum!! We will all be here when you are finished!!!!

Best of luck....
(((hugs)))

NM: That sounds so complicated. It's good that you know which course and university you want to apply because these are the most important things. Since you like Hermes, I was so sure that you'll take up fashion design :yes:.

I nearly went to Oz for my studies years ago when my application was accepted by UNSW and University of Sydney.

Again, all the best and I'm sure you will fare well in your exams!

This is my final lot of exams in HS. Hence getting my High school Certificate. These exams make up my external marks. my internal and external are averaged, then scaled (according to the difficulty and state average) and then I am given a rank (UAI, university admissions index) ranging from 40-100 (anythign below 40 isn't disclosed, since its basically a definite fail) Your rank determines what courses you are able to study at University. Though these days your rank is more of a social point, its a way of showing off exactly how smart you are. I am goign to have NONE of that so no one will know what my UAI is, even though I will be proud of it. The more prestegious the university, Higher demand and difficulty of the course, the higher the acceptance UAI. i.e. Medical Law is quite high since you need to be quite smart to acctually study it it would be in the 99-99.95 or so range. An arts degree is probably one of the lowest, which would be in the 70's range.

Since i want to get into fashion design there is only one university which offers it (meanwhile it is a really crappy course) the UAI is incredibly high since the course is in such demand, for Australian fashion the UAI is 90.5 i think and International 98.25 (higher that what GF got lol!!!) I'm defiantly not going to get in the 98 range, and not a huge amount of fashion designers will. UAI's to study Law or to be a GP are LOWER! HELLO this is fashion! not Psychology!

Anyway I'm planning on studying at a college, where entrance is granted based on your portfolio not studies. To get into college is a whole other ordeal, there is 100 places and 1200+ students apply annually! So I'm basically doing these exams to qualify for a HS Certificate. And complete my Secondary education, in case one day I choose to study at a university, I will be qualified.

OMG GUYS!!!!! Your so kind! This really does mean a lot that you guys did this for me! My first exam is on Fri, and have spent the last few days on tPF!!!!!! It hasn't hit me that its my HSC yet!!!! I can't wait till tis over 5 weeks!!!! 5 more god dam weeks! Thanks again guys I appreciate the support.
That's my problem also.. Allthough my examn luckily is still further off than yours. I wish you the best of luck, and frankly, that you never get to read this as you're totally into your books. :supacool:

Good luck! Me? I didn't study and only just passed my HSC so to go to uni I had to do a preparatory course for a whole bloody year, trust me, you don't want to have to do that!

STUDYYYY!!!!!!!! and good luck!

GOOD LUCK
NAUGHTY

NOW TURN THE PUTER OF AND GET YOUR HEAD IN THOSE BOOKS
image001.jpg

OR THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN

SO STOP CLOWING AROUND AND STUDY RUMOUR HAS IT THIS WAS YOU LAST NIGHT

:wlae::rolleyes::roflmfao::rolleyes: