Food Good large cookie sheet?

honu

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
Now that I'm on a baking rampage (I'm refrigerating dough right now!) I was wondering if there are any good large sized cookie sheets out there? I only have Calphalon jelly pans (12x7) and can only do one at a time in the oven.

TIA~~ :biggrin:

I recently read in Cooking Light that you should get heavy, shiny cookie sheets, not nonstick. I don't recall why they said shiny is better.

No recs on brands - I have Calphalon non-stick cookie sheets, which are apparently all wrong.

I was going to say pampered chef stones! To the poster above, it takes a dozen or so uses to get "seasoned" enough so that it really works well, but OMG!!! Once it does....

Ours are several years old and def. seasoned. I guess my complaint is that they seem to overcook cookies, but I love how they heat everything else. Maybe if I tried others I would truly appreciate PC. I guess I just wish they made fluffier, nonburnt cookies :P

That's SOOOO bizarre. The entire point of them is that they should PREVENT burning. Have you tried reducing the heat? I know for me I bake at 300 instead os 350 on my stones for cookies. Otherwise try lining the stone with parchment paper?

Ours are several years old and def. seasoned. I guess my complaint is that they seem to overcook cookies, but I love how they heat everything else. Maybe if I tried others I would truly appreciate PC. I guess I just wish they made fluffier, nonburnt cookies :P

Oooh...good call on the parchment paper!! I will try that next time. I have tried playing with the heat a little bit as I haven't completely figured out our oven--it is a convection oven--so maybe the mistakes are just from not being used to it yet.

Please update with your results. I used to sell pampered chef (years and years ago) and while many items I don't love or even like I have never heard any complaints about stones other than they are too heavy. Which they are!
Oooh...good call on the parchment paper!! I will try that next time. I have tried playing with the heat a little bit as I haven't completely figured out our oven--it is a convection oven--so maybe the mistakes are just from not being used to it yet.

This brings me to another question--can you buy parchment paper at the store? I have always ordered mine from PC but the lady that I always went through got out of the business.

Its not cheap _ though you can reuse it a few times! Yes, you can buy it at any grocery store where the saran and foil are. Though I have about 8 boxes left from when I used to sell the stuff. (I sold it just long enough to get my 3700.00 wish list for free and then as I slowly got out of the buisness I stocked up on a few little gifts for people, parchment paper etc)
This brings me to another question--can you buy parchment paper at the store? I have always ordered mine from PC but the lady that I always went through got out of the business.

Yes you can! It is expensive if you buy at the grocery store. I like to go to my local professional chef supply store. They sell 100-sheet packages that are pre-cut to fit baking sheets, for about $12 which is an amazing value compared to the grocery store, and more convenient too!

Pampered Chef now carries a line of nice, heavier, shiny metal cookie sheets--I love mine. Still use my stones, but I reduce my cooking time, as cookies continue to cook on the stone even after they're removed from the oven...