Good Face Primer for Combo/Oily Skin???

I've been using the Make Up Forever All Mat primer for over a month, and it seems to keep my face shine-free for longer (compared to the HD version by the same brand that I used before I tried this one out). But by the 5 hour or so mark, the shine comes back. (I mainly get shiny on my t-zone.)

The huge drawback is the heavy price. Looking for something more inexpensive, but with good results.

I actually purchased this about a week ago, and I think I'm going to send it back. As others have mentioned, oily skin and any form of silicone don't usually get along too well. All Mat does have silica in it, and it seems to be adding more shine for me, rather than taking away. I've used it a couple times, and I am thinking this product isn't for me. Back to Sephora she goes.

I agree that the price is a bit high for the amount of product you get.

Recently just discovered this and it works really well imo.

Urban Decay's de-slick in a tube. It's silicone free, and works great as a base AND as a touch up so you don't cake on the powder. I use BB cream/cream to powder make up and this works very well, no need for translucent powders to set make up anymore.

They also have it in a compact powder form, but I believe that one contains parabens. More suitable for if you use mineral make up/ compact powders etc.

It's not cheap, but it's definitely worth every penny imo.

i have an oily T zone,also i am covered in freckles so i wanted a SPF primer, the mac primer with SPF 50 is not available in oz so been wearing beca's primer with 30 SPF...i have to admit that it hasn't stop my t-zone from getting shiny.
once the tube is finished (it was 68 AUD) i might try the nars one...

I get T-zone oiliness, and I am loving Laura Mercier's Mineral Primer...it is really light, dries almost like a powder on the skin (no residue look or cakey feeling on the skin) and it has a nice, pleasant scent...it's a little pricey for a primer, but it does the trick for me

Urban Decay's de-slick in a tube. It's silicone free, and works great as a base AND as a touch up so you don't cake on the powder. I use BB cream/cream to powder make up and this works very well, no need for translucent powders to set make up anymore.

They also have it in a compact powder form, but I believe that one contains parabens. More suitable for if you use mineral make up/ compact powders etc.

I bought a tube of the De Slick not too long ago, and I love it too! I have only been using it for touchups so far, because the tube's so tiny I hate to use a lot at once. It works veryyy well for touch ups, so I can only imagine how great it would do as a primer/base!

The De Slick Oil Control Setting Spray is great too. A few spritzes before makeup application, and a few more after application (it dries pretty fast, FYI). It helps my makeup last longer, and definitely controls the evil oilies. The bottle is 4oz too, so it should last awhile.

I'm using Laura Mercier Oil Free face primer, I have to say that is the one that works best on me, and I have very oily skin. Hope this helps!

I've been using this and it does absolutely nothing! I was using Bobbi Brown Natural Finish foundation, and then switched to Armani Lasting Silk...and both completely disappear from my face after a couple of hours and just look AWFUL with this primer-I might as well not have anything on.

I'm thinking of trying the YSL primer but I'm apprehensive because it's so expensive and I just bought new foundation too....I need something to help though! My face is just awful after an hour or two of work. I'd look better barefaced. Is the YSL primer very good at keeping makeup from disappearing?

Also want to add Mac's Matte gel - this stuff is thebomb.com. I havge also found that translucent setting powders work great to control oil. My faves are Bare Minerals Mineral veil and the Maybelline Mineral Power setting powder (a great dupe for mineral veil).

I used to swear by this stuff, too (so much so that I bought, like, four tubes), but it seems to have lost its effectiveness for me. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyway, I'm looking for something new. I've tried Laura Mercier's Primer and Dermalogica's Clearing Mattifier, and both were okay, nothing special. I think I'll give Urban Decay's line of products a shot next.

Boo to oily skin!

actually, the 2nd ingredient is silicone. :sad:

Aqua (Water), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P260800&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3806

I suffered from very very oily skin ever since moving from California to New York (my skin is having a lot of trouble adjusting to the humidity here) and the only thing I've found that works for me is Josie Maran's Argan Oil. It's counterintuitive, because why would someone with oily skin put more oil on their face -but it works because it really hydrates the skin and prevents your skin from thinking it needs to produce more oil. I would say after 2 weeks of using it I'm back to normal combination skin now. I apply it about 5-10 minutes before I put on my makeup, and my makeup glides on like butter, but stays put! The oil has completely transformed my skin and my makeup routine.

I used to swear by this stuff, too (so much so that I bought, like, four tubes), but it seems to have lost its effectiveness for me. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyway, I'm looking for something new. I've tried Laura Mercier's Primer and Dermalogica's Clearing Mattifier, and both were okay, nothing special. I think I'll give Urban Decay's line of products a shot next.

Boo to oily skin!

No, but I will say that I switch up my primers depending on the finish that I want. When a want a more "dewy", natural look to my foundation I will use a more hydrating primer (Stila, Korres, and MAC's Prep + Prime Skin... I am kind of a primer whore lol). Try switching things up - it really helps my skin to do this. You could even switch things up with another oil controlling primer and then come back to the MAC Matte. HTH!

I just started using the Cover FX Clear Prep primer and really like it. The MUA recommended it to me over the YSL-she said that while the YSL just adds another layer to your skin, the Clear Prep is supposed to help with redness and pimples as well. I'm not sure how well it works on that part, but I do feel like my pimples have been clearing up a bit faster. And it keeps me matte all day at work-when I blot it's a bit oily but you couldn't tell by looking at me.

I just bought this too in a travel size, to try it out. I loved the UD Naked Palette & the 15th Anniversary so much, so maybe the rest of there products are excellent as well. The consultant recommended this for my extremely oily face, that nothing worked for me. I've only used it twice, so far so good, I think it's working for me. I'm now considering of getting the big bottle.