Good Day Pest Control

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
This is the second notice I got under my door. The Good-Day Pest Control Inc will be in people's apartments to place concealed (poisoned) bait and glueboards for mice.

Bait and glueboards!?! Are they KIDDING? That's horrible! I wouldn't even like the idea of snap traps in my apartment.

I just called my apartment building's office and essentially told them thanks, but no thanks. I haven't seen any mice in my apartment, and I don't want to be exposed to unnecessary poison.

I'm almost afraid that this isn't optional. I got one of these under my door yesterday or the day before and I figured if I didn't sign the bottom and turn it in, they won't go into my apartment.

As I've said before, they put a second one under my door.

Well, I'm not signing that one, either.

So I talked to my landlady. Regarding the poison, she said it wouldn't affect me. Then I tried the humane angle and she looked at me like I was nuts.

She said they are obviously not going to go into my apartment if I really didn't want them to, but for this to be effective, they would have to go into all the apartments.

So I have a choice, but really I don't.

I just don't think I can sign that paper in good conscience.

UPDATE: After discussing it with my dad, I realized there is no way they're not going to come into my apartment. I just left a message asking if it were possible for pest control to use snap traps. Failing that, the poison. But I specifically told them I did not want glue traps in there.

Caitlin -- I woud prefer the poison over the snap traps. Snap traps don't always kill those poor guys immediately. Other times they completely chop their heads off. Sorry to be so gross. Glue traps are the worst. I am so happy my cats are wonderful mousers.

Oh Caitlin I admire you so much for putting your foot down! You rock~

And yes, if your landlord insists that it be done, please avoid the glue traps :sad:

What a crummy situation to be in :sad:

Caitlin -- I woud prefer the poison over the snap traps. Snap traps don't always kill those poor guys immediately. Other times they completely chop their heads off. Sorry to be so gross. Glue traps are the worst. I am so happy my cats are wonderful mousers.

I know I originally said no snap traps, but I discussed it with my dad and we put the :yucky: 'possibilities' in order from most humane to least humane. We decided

1. Snap traps
2. Poison
3. Glue traps.

The paper said the mice would eat the poison and it would take them a few days to die. (Highlight for the rest of that sentence. It might be upsetting fro some people.)

This is why we put the snap traps above the poison. They're quicker.

The paper never said anything about snap traps, and if they end up putting glue boards in there, as soon as they leave I'm putting gloves on and throwing them away.

Poison is extremely inhumane and cruel,the animals don't die immediately and are in pain the whole time. When I was a kid we had a neighbor who put poison out and the sick rats and mice started going into peoples yards, it was just horrible.I'd take a snap trap over poison any day if I had to make that choice.

The paper never said anything about snap traps, and if they end up putting glue boards in there, as soon as they leave I'm putting gloves on and throwing them away.

Do they not realize that the tenant would have to deal with these rats stuck in the glue or would they offer a pickup service? I can't believe they would even offer those.