Good Day, Mate!

Queenie

Holiday Joys!
O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
I headed to Sydney for business over a week ago and I was very lucky to be able to extend my stay for another 9 days with my family. I have went back there several times so far since I really love Australia.

I have always love travelling to countries with four seasons since Singapore (the country that I'm from) is humid all year round.

Did I mention that I'm excited? :yahoo:

So without further ado, I would like to share with you some of the pictures of this beautiful city.

Last edited:
Before my trip, DH brought me to this area in Singapore for lunch. Some of you will probably cringe if you know that I love fermented beancurd aka Stinky Tofu* (臭豆腐). :P

* From Wikipedia:

A soft tofu that has been fermented in a unique vegetable and fish brine. The blocks of tofu smell strongly of certain pungent cheeses, and are described by many as rotten and fecal. Despite its strong odor, the flavor and texture of stinky tofu is appreciated by aficionados, who describe it as delightful. The texture of this tofu is similar to the soft Asian tofu that it is made from. The rind that stinky tofu develops from frying is said to be especially crisp, and is usually served with soy sauce, sweet sauce, and/or hot sauce.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3650.jpg
    IMG_3650.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 2,015
  • IMG_3649.jpg
    IMG_3649.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3654.jpg
    IMG_3654.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_3655.jpg
    IMG_3655.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3656.jpg
    IMG_3656.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 136
For those who doesn't know, this area is called Geylang which is also the red-light district of Singapore. And might you, this area is the only one here where prostitution is legal.

Ahem having said that, it does have numerous really good local food especially the frog leg porridge, beef noodles and dim sum.

Here comes the Star:

attachment.php

Oooooooooooooooh YUMMY!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_3660.jpg
    IMG_3660.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 2,335
  • IMG_3658.jpg
    IMG_3658.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3662.jpg
    IMG_3662.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 1,918
I took the new A380 which was nothing but FAB. I have to say SIA is really really good (sorry for tooting my own horns). :P

So, I reached Syd at about 7.40am on Sat morning *yawn*. Still not exactly used to the daylight savings here in NSW.

By the time my colleague and I reached our hotel, it was nearly 9am. We slept for a while before heading to David Jones for some food.

DJ is an Australia-wide chain of premium department stores and it sells everything from fashion, cosmetics, homewares to electronics. This one that we went to is the flagship store which is right next to our hotel on Market Street. I believe it was opened in 1938.

And I think we came at the right time where our aussie friends are celebrating Easter this coming weekends. You get to see chocolate eggs or in the shape of bunnies like these almost everywhere. PRETTY!

attachment.php

Attachments

• phpLDplZzAM.jpg
    phpLDplZzAM.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 188
  • phpFYEBs0AM.jpg
    phpFYEBs0AM.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,994
  • IMG_3671.jpg
    IMG_3671.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3678.jpg
    IMG_3678.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 193
I have eaten all those yummy food you mentioned except the fermented tofu. Did you enjoy them? I must try them one day.
LIBRADIAMONDS, if you ask me? I :love: them. LOL. Just that the one we have in Geylang is not "stinky" enough.

I like those in Hong Kong which you could smell it from streets away. :lol: