'Good' cuts for diamonds?

Onebagtoomany

O.G.
Apr 16, 2011
UK
I just wanted some advice - I want to buy a reasonably priced pair of diamond circle earrings with a halo in 18k white gold and have found a pair by Miore within my budget (up to £500 which is about $750-$800). The clarity and colour of the diamonds are great at VS/H, but the cut is described as 'good'. They certainly look sparkly enough in the photos (this would be an online purchase) but I have only ever purchased diamonds with an ideal or excellent cut before. Can any of you diamond experts advise me on whether a good cut is ok for this sort of purchase? For reference, the carat weight of the diamonds used for these earrings is 0.23 and they measure 9mm in diameter each.

These don't need to be top, top quality as I already have a pair of diamond solitaire studs which I love - these are just to mix things up a little as I am boring with earrings and wear the same ones every day - but equally I don't want to buy diamond earrings that are dull or look badly cut.

labrillant

Sep 11, 2010
I'm not a diamond expert, but I think I'd still want an ideal cut for earrings. I'd rather compromise on color, then clarity, and lastly cut. I prefer smaller diamond studs as they sparkle more, and that sparkle comes mostly from the cut.

Onebagtoomany

O.G.
Apr 16, 2011
UK
I'm not a diamond expert, but I think I'd still want an ideal cut for earrings. I'd rather compromise on color, then clarity, and lastly cut. I prefer smaller diamond studs as they sparkle more, and that sparkle comes mostly from the cut.
I agree with you, my existing diamond solitaire studs are ideal/VS1/F and sparkle like mad. They are half a carat so not huge but like you I would rather have a smaller pair with excellent stats to get the maximum amount of sparkle. My other pieces of diamond jewellery also have ideal or excellent cuts so even where the clarity and colour are a little lower they still sparkle beautifully.

I feel really torn as the price of these circle ones is great and apart from the cut (and they do look really sparkly in the photos) they would be great as an alternative pair of earrings to my studs when I want something a bit different and blingier. I just can't get past the cut though... if only they were ideal or excellent they would be perfect!