Food Good chocolate recipes that won't leave lots of leftovers?

meganfm

O.G.
Oct 14, 2008
Hi everyone!

I'm planning on making a nice dinner for my boyfriend tomorrow. I want to make some kind of chocolate dessert, because both of us are huge chocoholics :P

However, most of the recipes I find are for cakes/pies/cookies-which will leave us with huge amounts of leftovers. Does anyone have any suggestions for recipes that can be made just for two? I know usually recipes make many servings, but as long as it's something that I could easily cut down even just to 4 servings so I won't have all this extra dessert.

This recipe is from GOOP, Gwyneth Paltrow's blog/newsletter. It only serves 2 so it's perfect. You could use small, shallow dishes, I think, and instead of creme fraiche you could probably use whipped cream (homemade would be better but store-bought works)
Chocolate lava cakes
SERVES: 2
TIME: 45 minutes, largely unattended

1 1/2 tablespoons butter, plus more for the ramekins
1 1/5 oz. chocolate
1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus 1 teaspoon
2 1/5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons crème fraîche
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to 450°F.

Generously butter two 4 oz. ramekins.

Melt the butter and chocolate together in a small glass bowl set over a small pot of simmering water. Let it cool a bit while you whisk together the egg, egg yolk and 1/2 cup of confectioners’ sugar in a separate bowl. Whisk in the melted butter and chocolate and then the flour.

Fill the ramekins and bake for seven minutes. The edges and top should be just set.

Meanwhile, whisk the crème fraîche together with the remaining teaspoon of confectioners’ sugar and the vanilla.

Remove the cakes from the oven, let them cool for a few minutes. Invert onto dessert plates and serve each with a spoonful of crème fraîche.

i make one for me and my bf a couple of times a year. u get 4 servings out of it, so i usually make it once, and then save the 2nd round for about a week. its AMAZING!!!! and really easy to make

Molten Chocolate Espresso

Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence

Prep Time: 8 min

Inactive Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Level: Easy
Serves: 4 servings

Ingredients

• 6 ounces excellent-quality bittersweet chocolate
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream, plus 1 cup for whipping
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • Pinch salt
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon espresso powder
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder, for garnish
Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt the chocolate with the butter in the top of a double boiler; set aside to cool. In an electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or by hand, with a spoon), mix the sugar and eggs until lightened in color, about 1 minute. Pour in the cooled chocolate-butter mixture, then beat or stir in the 1/2 cup cream, vanilla, and salt. Beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go. Add the flour and mix just until blended. Divide the mixture between 4 (6-ounce) oven-proof cappuccino cups. (They should be filled to 1/4-inch below the rim of the cup.) Put them on a baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, just until the tops begin to crack. Do not over bake (the top should be crisp but the interior soft). Let them cool for about 15 minutes while you make the whipped cream.
Dissolve the espresso powder in the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream, then whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Put a dollop of the flavored whipped cream on each warm "cappuccino" and garnish with a dusting of cocoa. Serve warm.