Good and Bad News!

lovebags2

O.G.
Oct 12, 2007
Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to share with everyone, my Noir Nikki experience of today.

The other day, I purchased one and just received it. The panels are completely different. Half of the bag is smooth and light, while the other half is extremely textured/pebbled and darker. Even my daughter asked, why is half the bag grey/smooth and the other side, dark/bumpy?

I can't believe this handbag passed inspections! It looks completely like a two tone handbag. And, while, I"m fussy in choosing styles, I'm not that particular if a handbag has a "broken in" look. I actually, love that. This is not that type of a issue. This is more a case where it looks like 2 totally different textured leathers (pebbled and stonewash) were used and created different color variation.

That said, I do LOVE the noir Nikki. I like it much better (well at least, one half of it) then my older, night version. It's definetely thicker and reminded me, exactly of my dark brown. I found my Night to be too delicate for an everyday bag. The noir seems more durable to me!

So, while the bad news is the annoyance of having to deal with this issue. The good news, is IF I am satisfied with the panels on my next Noir, I do believe, I might have just found, a GREAT, Nikki for the fall. I"m trying to look at the bright side of all this.:smile:

Thanks. Me too. I'll keep everyone posted.

I really like the Noir. I wasn't fond of the Night (too thin) or the midnight (too shiny). But, this color is, just right for me.

I think the Noir, goes so well on the Nikki style. It's classic!

I still LOVE the blue stonewash, but the Noir is a nice 2'nd choice for me. Maybe in some ways, even better. The leather from what I hear, is more durable on the Noir then the stonewash for an everyday bag. Aah, who am I kidding. I'd LOVE both!

LOL! I would love both as well! I have heard the blue stonewash is more delicate but still worth a little babying to me. May I ask where you ordered the noir nikki?

Of course you can. I purchased it from a boutique! I think overall, their customer service is excellent and don't want to speak poorly of their reputation. Very friendly staff.

Although, I"m a bit disapointed, they sold this bag in this condition.

Wow - who would have thought you could mismatch panels on a black bag! When you return it to the retailer, I would suggest you put a note in there advising them to send it directly back to RM as this is a defective bag and should not be resold to anyone else.

Hopefully you will be able to get yourself a perfect one!

That is so annoying, the same thing happened with my first stonewash blue Nikki. I sent it back and got another one. It's RM's fabulous quality control at work again...

I'm sorry to hear about your first stonewash blue. Glad they sent you another one. How do you like it now? Do you find the leather too delicate or just right?

Hi Cirout - Yes, your absolutely right. Who would think I'd have worries over a black bag. One side was totally smooth and soft, just like the stonewash and the other side was extremely distressed and pebbled. One side was a light shade, almost grey and the other, was quite dark! It literally looked like 2 different leather's were used with a dark grey and a black. I should have posted pictures, but I'm not the best with a digital camera and I think everyone get's the idea. Unfortunately, I think the boutique is going to try and re- sell this bag AFTER I asked them to please send it back to RM.

Just be careful, ladies! Why did I have to love the Nikki style? LOL

what a bummer that a color as dense as black would be susceptible to mismatched panels. my first rm was a nikki in night and its smooth leather and color saturation are perfect. hope you find a noir that's up to par.

wondering, did you buy it online thru a boutique or in person? my preference for these rms is to shop at the store on on ebay so i can examine the actual bag for sale. that way you can avoid any dissapointments in the mailbox and not get stuck with these ridiculous no return policies.

what a bummer that a color as dense as black would be susceptible to mismatched panels. my first rm was a nikki in night and its smooth leather and color saturation are perfect. hope you find a noir that's up to par.

wondering, did you buy it online thru a boutique or in person? my preference for these rms is to shop at the store on on ebay so i can examine the actual bag for sale. that way you can avoid any dissapointments in the mailbox and not get stuck with these ridiculous no return policies.

Hi,

I purchased it at a boutique. I would never have thought that "black" could even be mis-matched. If you ladies, had seen this bag, you would have been amazed! It was the front panels too. Maybe I could have lived with it if it was on the back?

My Night Nikki was perfect too. . Also, my wine Nikki came in great condition as well. I guess, it just depends on luck.

I"m hoping that I receive my new Noir and this has a happy ending! I'll keep everyone posted here.

Did you take pictures by any chance? I have a couple Noir bags and wanted to see how they compare to mine..

I know that the noir leather has natural variations (please no one jump on me I'm not trying to make excuses) but on my bags (Henri & Market tote) the panels are smaller so the variations don't show up like they would on a Nikki. I'm curious to see if what your talking about is different than what my bags are like.. now that I think about it would have to be if you are sending it back. My noir bags have some variation but you'd have to take a magnifying glass to it to really notice so it doesn't bother me.. in fact I like it.

Hopefully your new noir nikki is perfect.. I love the noir leather!

Thanks. Me too. I'll keep everyone posted.

I really like the Noir. I wasn't fond of the Night (too thin) or the midnight (too shiny). But, this color is, just right for me.

I think the Noir, goes so well on the Nikki style. It's classic!

I still LOVE the blue stonewash, but the Noir is a nice 2'nd choice for me. Maybe in some ways, even better. The leather from what I hear, is more durable on the Noir then the stonewash for an everyday bag. Aah, who am I kidding. I'd LOVE both!

I totally agree on your description. I had the Night, and while it was beautiful, it seemed too fragile to me. I got the Noir Nikki for this season, and the leather is indeed thicker and more sturdy. Also, the hardware is a bit more updated than the Night....the rings that attach the strap to the bag is not a true square, but more of a triangle with the bottom point cut off. I like it!! :tup:

Which boutique did you buy it from?

Hi Littlerock,

I wish I did take pictures. I"m fairly certain that you'd be amazed. I love a "broken in" look to my handbags. I actually, don't favor a bag that has a completely brand new look. But, this was like 2 different types of leathers were put together. One side of the panel was totally smooth and soft. And the other side, was totally, pebbled/distressed and as my daughter called it, "bumpy".

I have a good feeling though that my next Noir will be much better. I"m being very careful on talking on the phone with the sales person, this time. I thought I was the last time, but now I"m even more cautious and vocal in expressing what I'm looking for.

Here's what I think: It's good that we all are aware of the issues and can all track down a RM that meets our needs. I'm not looking for a perfect Nikki, just one that looks uniform and blends. I"m glad that I read about everyone's experiences here. It's made me wiser and now I know EXACTLY what to look for. And, at least, the boutiques have a great return policy. Thank goodness. I wouldn't be this calm about it, otherwise. All that as lost, was a "extra" trip to my local postal.

That said, I"m still looking forward to RM treating her customer's better. I hope that resolves soon!

Thanks for the encouraging words on the Noir! You love yours?