Travel Gong to DC this weekend, any suggestions?

Virgo

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
Hi.

Taking a short trip to DC this weekend, staying near GWU. Its probably my 10th time there but the last time was about 5 years ago. Can you make some suggestions on things we should do and see?

Wanna skip the Air & Space Museum since we've been there a lot. Right now we have tickets to the International Spy Museum and dinner reservations at Jaleo (tapas) restaurant.

Can you suggest a good sports bar in Georgetown? The Flyers are playing the Capitals Sat night. What stores do I need to hit?

Thanks!!

Hi.

Taking a short trip to DC this weekend, staying near GWU. Its probably my 10th time there but the last time was about 5 years ago. Can you make some suggestions on things we should do and see?

Wanna skip the Air & Space Museum since we've been there a lot. Right now we have tickets to the International Spy Museum and dinner reservations at Jaleo (tapas) restaurant.

Can you suggest a good sports bar in Georgetown? The Flyers are playing the Capitals Sat night. What stores do I need to hit?

Thanks!!

Hi there!

I'm not really sure which sports bar to suggest in Georgetown, but hopefully someone can chime in.

As far as stores goes, the M Street region has pretty much the usual stores (Banana, J. Crew, Anthropologie, Ann Taylor, Coach), but for more boutique-y places, try Intermix, Cusp, Wink, Barney's Co-Op, and Urban Chic (upper Georgetown on Wisconsin). Definitely hit up Pizzeria Paradiso on M Street for food if you get a chance.

I would recommend a trip up to Chevy Chase -- there is a new Bloomies, NM, Saks, and some higher end stores like Jimmy Choo, LV, Gucci, etc.

I think the Spy Museum is really fun! I've only been once. What about the National Museum of the Native American? It's a fairly new Smithsonian museum. Also, check out the National Portrait Gallery. It reopened last year after a really long renovation, and it's pretty amazing. Since you're going to be in the Penn Quarter area (based on Jaleo), you can also stop by the wax museum, and my favorite movie theater - Landmark E Street Theater, which plays independent films. There are also some great restaurants in the area (not that Jaleo isn't great) -- Zatinya, Teaism, Proof, etc.

Good luck and have fun!

The zoo is free :smile: I also like the Holocaust museum. It can be an emotional trip but I think it's informative. You should definitely grab the City Paper once you get there.