Golden Goose Superstar or Alexander McQueen Oversized Sneakers?

Which sneaker would you choose?

• Golden Goose Superstar

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Alexander McQueen Oversized

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
Agree with Swanky. I found the Superstars painful. I have two pairs of the oversized McQueen sneakers and they are like walking on clouds. However, I would advise to try on in store versus buying online. I found they are a generous fit and a very specific fit so you may need to size up or down.

I think it really depends on your personal comfort level and the look you are trying to achieve. They are very different shoes.

My husband has the OG Alexander McQueens and he loves them. He had to break them in a little (not rigorous or painful) but they have been his go-to sneaker for the past few years. Very solid and sturdy as well.

I prefer GG, because I like a less chunky sneaker (I have shorter and more muscular legs compared to my height and chunky sneakers are not flatter on me) and prefer the convenience of easily slipping my foot in.
In terms of comfort, I like to believe I have a relatively high pain tolerate when it comes to footwear so I'm not the best person to ask. GG have not hurt my feet, but maybe I'm just more desensitized lol. I enjoy wearing my YSL and CL heels and they can be not the most forgiving. :P

For either one, I highly suggest you try them on as @wantitneedit said. Not just for size but for comfort as well. Besides the sole and arch of your foot, make sure that the tongue in the front and the edge in the back do not rub against your ankle area in an uncomfortable or painful way. I have definitely rubbed my skin raw (or to the point of bleeding through my sock) with other sneakers not paying attention to the tongue or the edge in the back.

Reactions: Sterntalerli
Not all GG fit the same. Only the SS hurt me, unless they’re suede. Maybe one of the other styles has the color combo you’d like! Ballstars are low tops and comfier, they may have black right now.

Reactions: Sterntalerli
I love my Golden Goose Super Star low top leather sneakers... but I wear a half size up from my normal size. I have them in white leather with a silver start, dark grey suede with a white leather star, and black leather with a black leather star. in my constant rotation with jeans or maxi skirts.