Golden costume jewelry - experience?

Kuschelnudde

Jun 14, 2019
Hey there, I‘m eyeing this costume jewelry piece but am afraid that the gold finish might fade very quickly. Any experience with regards to Dior costume jewelry and a fading gold finish?

FC4F8560-CE5F-427D-A296-5E503B88D4ED.jpeg

Reactions: amateurjeweler

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
Hey there, I‘m eyeing this costume jewelry piece but am afraid that the gold finish might fade very quickly. Any experience with regards to Dior costume jewelry and a fading gold finish?

View attachment 4805767
I haven't had any trouble with their antique gold jewelry which wears very well. In fact, it doesn't seem to rub off to make a silver colour unlike Gucci gold hardware metal. Seems like the base metal for antique gold is a dark brass so it matches the vintage look.

However, it's different from their polished gold jewelry, which I have no experience with. @hightea_xx has this necklace. He can tell you how it's lasted.

Kuschelnudde

Jun 14, 2019
I’ve not had any issue with this necklace! Though I only wear it occasionally to be honest.
How long do you already have it? Have you got any model shots? I don’t want the gold finish to look ‚cheap‘ but find it difficult to find proper pictures on the internet.