Golden Arrow Speedy

Ok ladies. I have the Golden Arrow Speedy that I purchased last Xmas preloved in really great condition. I have 2 Neverfulls, the Pochette Metis, the W and this. I rotate my bags often through the week. I think I've carried this bag maybe 8 times since December 2013 when I got it. It's such a beauty and not common but I'm wondering if I should sell for something I'll use more..or hang onto it bc it's so beautiful and rare? I hate to part with it but I just don't use it. I'm not really a speedy girl as I like an easier access top I've found. But I just don't know!!!! :confused1: :shrugs:
Thoughts?

It is a gorgeous bag, no doubt, but I think it would drive me bonkers as well. My first LV was the denim Pleaty with the clasp closure and it was so annoying have to do and undo that clasp over and over to get in and out of the bag. A bag can be cute or beautiful but if it's not functional then you're not going to want to use it. I say sell it and get yourself something you'll enjoy using more. :smile:

+1. This has happened to me. I sold off a ton of bags, wallets, etc to fund a gorgeous Brea MM in Rose Indien Vernis. I love, love, love this bag. It's SO gorgeous to look at... and that was the problem, I learned. While beautiful, it did not hold enough for me. Even if I did pack everything inside, it was an awkward puzzle. I like to be organized. So for a year and a half I stubbornly held onto it and it lived mostly in it's dustbag. I made the heartbreaking decision to sell it because that is TOO MUCH MONEY (and too much beauty) to just sit inside a bag inside a closet... someone else should be showing it off and enjoying it. I do not regret my decision! Take the money and buy something that will bring you joy.

+1. This has happened to me. I sold off a ton of bags, wallets, etc to fund a gorgeous Brea MM in Rose Indien Vernis. I love, love, love this bag. It's SO gorgeous to look at... and that was the problem, I learned. While beautiful, it did not hold enough for me. Even if I did pack everything inside, it was an awkward puzzle. I like to be organized. So for a year and a half I stubbornly held onto it and it lived mostly in it's dustbag. I made the heartbreaking decision to sell it because that is TOO MUCH MONEY (and too much beauty) to just sit inside a bag inside a closet... someone else should be showing it off and enjoying it. I do not regret my decision! Take the money and buy something that will bring you joy.

Thank you! You ladies are convincing me (or reassuring me I should say) that I'm not bananas for selling this lil gem. I just hope the price is right! Thank you and congrats on your Brea MM!

Haha. I just put in a few quotes on several different websites. Being its in great shape with dustbag and reciept.... I think I'll be ok. Plus the trip to LV for a new one will be that much sweeter!! :graucho:Thanks!:smile:

wow you move fast! good for you :biggrin:

it’s a beautiful bag and I love the black leather with mono, I wish they hadn’t added the strap and buckle on top, sometimes less is more.

I hope you get a good quote and find something better, did you have anything else in mind?

My Portobello PM - was my very first LV piece. It is in excellent condition and a very durable bag.

I say if you haven't used it in more than 6-7 months in your rotation...you most likely won't. As I just found out. It's so hard but how can i miss it if I don't use it!? I feel your pain for sure..but brining home a new beauty just may take all that pain away! :biggrin:

wow you move fast! good for you :biggrin:

it’s a beautiful bag and I love the black leather with mono, I wish they hadn’t added the strap and buckle on top, sometimes less is more.

I hope you get a good quote and find something better, did you have anything else in mind?

Not yet but I am visiting Boston next weekend and plan on stopping to LV. I don't have a boutique super close to me so when I know I'll have the chance to try things on and see them in person...I def will. So...it will be fun :smile: Right now I'm in love with my newly bought Pochette Metis. It's a practical beauty! :smile: I'll let you ladies know what I come home with from Boston!!

I say if you haven't used it in more than 6-7 months in your rotation...you most likely won't. As I just found out. It's so hard but how can i miss it if I don't use it!? I feel your pain for sure..but brining home a new beauty just may take all that pain away! :biggrin:

You may have a point there. I am actually going to get some quotes and if the price is right - definitely will sell.

Not yet but I am visiting Boston next weekend and plan on stopping to LV. I don't have a boutique super close to me so when I know I'll have the chance to try things on and see them in person...I def will. So...it will be fun :smile: Right now I'm in love with my newly bought Pochette Metis. It's a practical beauty! :smile: I'll let you ladies know what I come home with from Boston!!
Awesome! have fun shopping :wave:

You may have a point there. I am actually going to get some quotes and if the price is right - definitely will sell.

Bag Borrow or Steal and Yoogis closet came back to me with quotes...they seem to always be higher than Fashionphile. (meaning they will give you more) Fashionphile and Yoogis were super quick with their quote though. Might make or break your decision. Good luck girlfriend :smile:

Bag Borrow or Steal and Yoogis closet came back to me with quotes...they seem to always be higher than Fashionphile. (meaning they will give you more) Fashionphile and Yoogis were super quick with their quote though. Might make or break your decision. Good luck girlfriend :smile:

Love the golden arrow! I tried it twice and and ended up returning....the strap got in the way alot and found the bag heavy.....I'm kind of going through the same thing with my speedy mirage...if you're not using it, I'd sell it for something you'll use!