Gold wearing off GG hardware

May 17, 2006
I have a medium Marmont flap bag, and I noticed the gold is wearing off of the GG. Is there anything that can be done about this? I bought the bag pre-loved (but authenticated by two separate services), so, from what I understand, it’s unlikely I can get service by bringing into a store since I don’t have proof of purchase. I don’t know if there’s something I can do myself (doubtful, I know) or perhaps a bag spa/restoration company that can do something? Any ideas?

My only advice is to take it in to Gucci and see if they can repair it. It will cost as you're not the original owner (let's hope they still provide the service).

I have a gucci marmont flap medium size in white & up close the big GG logo is peeling significantly(its almost 3 years old). Its my most used bag. I took it in to the store months ago & they told me it would take months to a year to get back to me as it would have to be shipped out of the country. I would rather just have it age than wait that long. From a bit away, you can’t really tell but up close it looks significant.

Attachments

• 6BFE515C-4ECD-447A-B88B-425CA5F05E58.jpeg
    6BFE515C-4ECD-447A-B88B-425CA5F05E58.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 156
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that so many of you have had this issue! I would be very unhappy indeed if this were happening to my bag. I was actually about 99% decided on purchasing this bag in the new brown color (I take forever to mull things over, lol), but now this peeling logo issue has me seriously rethinking it. I really hope that Gucci can make it right for you all -- but wow @Brandon4268 -- months to a YEAR?!? That would be a long wait indeed. I mean, I get it, it's Covid times...but still...a very long wait. :sad: