Gold vs. Silver HW

Juliela

O.G.
Aug 12, 2007
Evergreen State
I'm curious about your preference of gold or silver hardware on your bags.

I used to wear yellow gold jewelry but about five years ago, I switched my rings, watches, bracelets to white metals...but I have many bags with gold hw. I tend to be picky about "matching" -- I want to get over this!

Do you all just carry whatever bag you love, regardless of the hw color, or do you like to coordinate with your jewelry and clothing hardware too?

I really want the black gaufre BN1789 and am trying to decide if I can make the gold hw work with my wardrobe! Thanks for sharing your thoughts :P

Charmosa

Nov 23, 2008
Victoria, Canada
I don't worry about hardware at all. If I like a bag, I just carry it. The one thing I'm picky about is the logo. I'm not a fan of the old triangle logo. I prefer the metal letter logo or the new triangle logo with metal lettering (like the saffiano tote's).

So, don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your purses!

Dallasgirl

Jul 30, 2010
I have to say that most of my jewelry is platinum or white gold, but for some reason, I do really love the gold/bronze hardware on the Prada bags. I guess it might depend on the color of the bags, but I like both :smile: Personal preference- don't think you can really go wrong. Both are very classic. Good luck!

MidNiteSun

O.G.
Mar 4, 2009
I'm a white gold/platinum girl. I don't have any gold jewelry, only white gold or platinum. I really don't think we should match the hw on our bags with what we wear. I have both gold hw & silver hw bags...I wear whatever I feel like wearing. If you like the bag, wear it.

purse-nality

SemiKindCharmedLife
O.G.
Nov 7, 2007
I have to say that most of my jewelry is platinum or white gold, but for some reason, I do really love the gold/bronze hardware on the Prada bags. I guess it might depend on the color of the bags, but I like both :smile: Personal preference- don't think you can really go wrong. Both are very classic. Good luck!
same here... definitely gold for Prada -- has more ooomph! looks more expensive too! :amuse:

besides, the metal parts are too little that you ought to overlook. i'd say hardware-jewelry matching is more of an issue for bags w/ prominent metals, like a chanel - clasp & chain. then again, i still personally don't care.

Sabinalynn

Bag obsessed
O.G.
I wear white gold or platinum jewelry but LOVE gold hardware only on bags..especially with black. Something about black with gold looks so rich and elegant IMO:smile:

And I agree with Charmosa 100%

"I'm not a fan of the old triangle logo. I prefer the metal letter logo or the new triangle logo with metal lettering (like the saffiano tote's)"

I love the look of the metal letter logo or the new triangle logo..

Juliela

O.G.
Aug 12, 2007
Evergreen State
Thanks everyone! This is so helpful...I agree that the Prada gold hw is so rich-looking and really sets the bags apart. Consider me enabled :P

Gaufre, here I come!

Beanskitty

O.G.
Feb 18, 2009
I generally wear platinum or white gold jewelry. My handbags are a mix of hardware colors. I think the choice of hardware depends on the color of the bag. Some colors of hardware seem to look better with one color or the other. Black bags do well with either color. I tend to be drawn to the color of the handbag and I don't put a lot of thought into the hardware color.

missfiggy

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 29, 2008
Where women 'GLOW' and men 'THUNDER'
I prefer gold hardware but my bags are a mix also of gold and silver. And I also prefer the lettering to the triangle. But I match my bag colour to what I'm wearing and the hardware doesn't come into it except that I always like to have it showing!!!

dangerouscurves

Instagram: irinka_schickimicki
O.G.
Feb 28, 2010
Deutschland
I never match my jewelery with the hardware of my bag. But in bags, I prefer the gold hardware because it sets of the richness of the leather and also the color of the bag (any color)