Gold VS Silver Hardware on Medium college YSL bag, wear and tear?

wklz

Dec 3, 2017
Hello there :smile:

As per my previous thread I am looking to get a medium college YSL and I do love the gold hardware on it. However based on previous quality issues thread I am very concerned about the wear and tear of the gold hardware.

Can anyone who had this bag for a while tell me how the silver or gold hard held up with time (pictures would be great too)?

Thanks a lot

Hello tiffany thanks for the reply :biggrin: I really like the gold i don't know why but im really scare the wear on that won't be great.

As i did not get any feedback i guess i will end up opting for silver since i am scared i will end up being disappointed with the gold

I think tarnish builds more character to your bag because it actually means you use it, but that's just my personal thoughts. You can always remove tarnish with Silvo polish. In the long run though if the gold is completely worn out you can always get the hardware replaced by YSL in the future, but i'm thinking decades.

I think tarnish builds more character to your bag because it actually means you use it, but that's just my personal thoughts. You can always remove tarnish with Silvo polish. In the long run though if the gold is completely worn out you can always get the hardware replaced by YSL in the future, but i'm thinking decades.
Oh i didn't know they offered hardware replacement, how does it work you just bring it in store? you know how much roughly the service costs?

thanks!

what did you end up getting? Im on the same page as you. My husband got me the one with silver hardware however I personally feel the gold hardware has more of an elegant look... Im so confused as I dont know whether I should exchange for the gold or just keep the silver .. I love the gold.. but husband even mentioned that saleslady said to definitely go with the silver..

what did you end up getting? Im on the same page as you. My husband got me the one with silver hardware however I personally feel the gold hardware has more of an elegant look... Im so confused as I dont know whether I should exchange for the gold or just keep the silver .. I love the gold.. but husband even mentioned that saleslady said to definitely go with the silver..
I haven't got it yet, as I have been traveling a lot :biggrin: i am still not sure, but as you I prefer gold more than silver :sad: so i probably will end up getting gold

I haven't got it yet, as I have been traveling a lot :biggrin: i am still not sure, but as you I prefer gold more than silver :sad: so i probably will end up getting gold
My friend has the Black Suede Small Monogram Tassel Bag - gold hardware.. She had it for about 3 years now and she is very much happy with it and says it still looks like new.. I think it all depends how you take care of it. Her words to me, "if you love gold then go for it because you will regret it and go for what you love and not for what you like".. I think I will stick with her words :smile: ..