Gold vs. Silver Chanel Mini - Help me decide!

Which Chanel Mini?

• Gold

• Silver

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

nikksterxx

O.G.
Oct 11, 2013
Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well. I currently have a chanel mini in black lambskin with 4 grommets which I purchased second hand. I have had it for a few years and i love it. The 4 grommets minis were discontinued 2012 but i came across 2 and purchased both. I'm not sure if i should keep them both once they come in or not. My husband asked why would i want 3 of the same bag. What are your guys' thoughts?

thanks in advance!

d627da85daa529e0c9dbb6701197e4aa.jpgdadeb01649065720eaf26542966e5a4d.jpg

tbh I thought the silver mini with the gold hardware would be more versatile because it can work with either a cool or warm outfit. It could look cute/casual in a white t-shirt and light summer jeans, or a little fancier with a dress. The gold/gold is too much gold for me personally...but it's also all warm so it may not be as versatile...but you may be one of those people whose tone/wardrobe looks better with gold anyway.

However, my vote goes to neither. Metallics overall do not wear well, cannot be restored, and you can see the creasing starting on the bottom of both bags.

I think you already have a perfect mini in black lambskin and 4 grommets. :smile:

Reactions: nikksterxx
tbh I thought the silver mini with the gold hardware would be more versatile because it can work with either a cool or warm outfit. It could look cute/casual in a white t-shirt and light summer jeans, or a little fancier with a dress. The gold/gold is too much gold for me personally...but it's also all warm so it may not be as versatile...but you may be one of those people whose tone/wardrobe looks better with gold anyway.

However, my vote goes to neither. Metallics overall do not wear well, cannot be restored, and you can see the creasing starting on the bottom of both bags.

I think you already have a perfect mini in black lambskin and 4 grommets. :smile:

Thanks for your reply! My black mini in lambskin had the same creases on the bottom due to improper storage. I was able to get most of the creases out with TLC but not sure how it will work on these given that their calfskin and metallic. I guess it all depends on the condition once they get here.

I do dress up quite a bit with ethnic outfits which are usually embellished heavily in gold or silver so i figured i could use these bag for those fancier occasions.

The fact that you mention metallics cannot be restore is a bit concerning to me but i really want at least one. Lets see once they come in. Will keep you posted!

Reactions: resplendent
Wow, both are gorgeous!!

And I totally get what you mean about ethnic outfits.

I have a mini silver microcannage diorama with gold hardware that I bought to wear with my Indian clothes. (Similar look to your silver).

From that perspective, the silver is more versatile because of the mix of warm and cool tones. (Plus you can get a different style for variety. Maybe a beige clutch &/or or a bronze pouch instead of exactly the same mini in gold)?

But wait to see your upcoming gold mini first. If you fall in love, just keep it. The perfect shade of champagne gold is hard to find in any style. The delicacy of the leather is more of an issue if it’s to be a daily bag. If this is for occasional use and you have a large bag stable, then don’t worry. Go with your gut. (I’m still haunted by a champagne gold louboutin clutch that I saw in Vegas a couple years ago. It was too expensive for it’s value but I still kick myself).

Good luck! Both of these are beautiful.

Reactions: nikksterxx
Wow, both are gorgeous!!

And I totally get what you mean about ethnic outfits.

I have a mini silver microcannage diorama with gold hardware that I bought to wear with my Indian clothes. (Similar look to your silver).

From that perspective, the silver is more versatile because of the mix of warm and cool tones. (Plus you can get a different style for variety. Maybe a beige clutch &/or or a bronze pouch instead of exactly the same mini in gold)?

But wait to see your upcoming gold mini first. If you fall in love, just keep it. The perfect shade of champagne gold is hard to find in any style. The delicacy of the leather is more of an issue if it’s to be a daily bag. If this is for occasional use and you have a large bag stable, then don’t worry. Go with your gut. (I’m still haunted by a champagne gold louboutin clutch that I saw in Vegas a couple years ago. It was too expensive for it’s value but I still kick myself).

Good luck! Both of these are beautiful.

i'm indian also so feel like would definitely get use out of both gold and silver based on my outfits!

Reactions: J_L33