Gold Vs Etoupe?

What colour should GF go for?

• Gold (or caramel)

• Etoupe

• forget it and go for the white

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wait, wait, HOLD THE PHONE!!!!! WONG????? Do you have a few little somethings to show us?????? 'Cmon baby.....post those pics!!!!!

No bag! So no pix :sad:

It's still bloody sitting in FSH cos the SA said it was the SIL's bag and I couldn't just pay for it and hoick it off it with me. Darned ethics!

I merely managed a fondle of the ebene baby. Took my breath away though.

K, if even the option of choosing only etoupe or gold for you, I'd choose gold. Reason being....you probably suit a slightly more yellow undertone type color. Secondly, you mentioned you have a hard time matching your black Kelly so I presume your wardrobe is rather colorful. Gold is definitely brighter of the two. Etoupe will look good against my skintone (fair) but probably appear washed out against yours.

Have you tried other colors?

Sorry I missed this earlier Sue, been busy, doing only hit and run intrusions into threads.
Yes, etoupe seems to be another thing we have in common and just :love: .

Oooooh. I knew there was news I forgot to tell you. And you just reminded me. The ebene has arrived!!! Remember how I kept calling it "mine" in all my posts when we discussed it? Well, actually it's for my SIL, but in my mind I had already decided I was going to take it and give her my fuschia ostrich since she really loves it. And since I now have the cognac ostrich, the decision is 100% confirmed.

Gina was with me when the bag was whipped out of its box at FSH, and I fondled it for a while. Oh, :heart: :heart: . It's still sitting at FSH while we decide whether to ship it, or pay for it first and then have someone collect it for me (have obliging gay friend who's more chivalrous than most of the straight guys I know:roflmfao: ) and save a whole load of euros.

And - the box kelly is back from its spa. Looks lovely and refreshed. Sort of like plastic surgery for bags. :P

Oh, oh, oh!!!:nuts: WN, you minx! You wait until now to tell me about your ebene beauty?? So.. what's the story, morning glory? I mean.. it's yours, right? Coz you're giving your SIL the fuschia ostrich. And.. and.. it's still at the mothership? So, is your fab friend going to pick it up? Or does your SIL have to go and pay for it and get it sent to you? What's happening? LOL! Sorry if you've mentioned this in another thread somewhere but I've been doing hit n runs for a bit there lately too.:lol:

And could you refresh my poor memory - what size, construction, h/w??? Oh, and what leather? Man, I need to go look for your other posts..

Btw, could you pls, PLS, post some pics of your newly refurbed blk box Kelly? Throw in a few action shots too, if you've got a free minute! I'm thinking of changing my Feb podium Kelly order to your specs! :sweatdrop:

K, if even the option of choosing only etoupe or gold for you, I'd choose gold. Reason being....you probably suit a slightly more yellow undertone type color. Secondly, you mentioned you have a hard time matching your black Kelly so I presume your wardrobe is rather colorful. Gold is definitely brighter of the two. Etoupe will look good against my skintone (fair) but probably appear washed out against yours.

Have you tried other colors?
You are so clever. You're absolutely correct - I tend to wear quite colourful clothing, and am finding I need neutral bags to compliment! Funny, huh? I have just been offered an SO by one of the QLD stores (and I already have one this Feb with my store)........I may just order exactly what I want......IF ONLY I knew what that was!!!!!!....I want chevre, but in gold....hmm....kinda funny. I ADORE Shopmoms Kelly - maybe I'll order a 35 Birkin in caramel coromandel???????????????

Thoughts?

My biggest problem with H is not knowing what a color/leather combo looks like IRL... I fell in love with Gigi's Cognac Chevre Birkin the moment she posted it, but what I say is, how can one order a bag without first having seen that combo IRL?? I assure you that the color in pics is NEVER realistic 100%, so it's a great problem...I'm in the same situation as you: I want a gold and a red Birkin, but can't decide which leathers I prefer them in...

I've only seen Chevre in bright colors and not so many, since my store doesn't get much Chevre. What my SA says, as we've talked a lot about this, is that both Chevre and Box look better in "color" rather than neutrals...but that's her personal opinion....I would love to see Gold in Box, for example, since I love Box, but I would never have the courage to order a Gold Box bag without having seen it first...

All this is to say that I know exactly how frustrating it is, and I wish there was a solution...!!!:hysteric: LOL!

Oh, oh, oh!!!:nuts: WN, you minx! You wait until now to tell me about your ebene beauty?? So.. what's the story, morning glory? I mean.. it's yours, right? Coz you're giving your SIL the fuschia ostrich. And.. and.. it's still at the mothership? So, is your fab friend going to pick it up? Or does your SIL have to go and pay for it and get it sent to you? What's happening? LOL! Sorry if you've mentioned this in another thread somewhere but I've been doing hit n runs for a bit there lately too.:lol:

And could you refresh my poor memory - what size, construction, h/w??? Oh, and what leather? Man, I need to go look for your other posts..

Btw, could you pls, PLS, post some pics of your newly refurbed blk box Kelly? Throw in a few action shots too, if you've got a free minute! I'm thinking of changing my Feb podium Kelly order to your specs! :sweatdrop:

Oooh, I love being a minx. I think that's my whole raison d'etre. :P

Ok, boring details. My SIL is gonna pay for the bag, so she's getting a definite in-the-money trade in the swap, but then the logistics get tricky. Almost 200 euro to get it sent, so what we'll do is pay for it first to hold it, then get my fabby friend to pick it up for me, saving the 200 euro for a nice meal or another H trinket. :yahoo:

And the bag's a 35 Birkin Clemence, PH. :graucho:

I realise I really need a leather bag, cos tue I was at the bathroom fixtures shop, nipped into the tile shop to get some samples and then, while jiggling the tile samples around, nicked the handle of the NEW cognac ostrich! :crybaby: Luckily it's a small nick and the craftsman can deal with it at some point.

I busted out the box Kelly to use yesterday and love it to death again. I love the retourne shape as it's less formal and boxy than the sellier, suits my lifestyle to a t as I'd never use a Kelly (short of a mini) for formal nights. It's roomy enuf too, in spite of being only a 28, for most of my junk. The only thing is that I can't stick a mag or newspaper in it the way I could w/ a Birkin.

Will try to post pix this weekend but things a bit berserk here....

What were you thinking of initially for the feb podium order??

A 35 ebene Birkin??!:nuts: I love it! Can't wait till you have her in your arms! When? When?? If your friend picks it up, I take it he's travelling to Sg to drop it off for you? I'm away for a bit next week so I think I might miss out on her forum unveiling.:Push:

Egads, that nick would send me packing! It's not on the "eye" part, I hope.

Your retourne box Kelly has been on my mind more and more. My feb podium order is for a 32 sellier, other than that, every other spec is the same as yours. I do love the look of the 32 sellier as I have seen K's fab bag! So, I'm a little undecided atm.. Hopefully your pics will be poxy and my mind will be firm.:P But knowing how glam you are, I'm gonna have a dilemma on my hands.:hysteric::sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

My biggest problem with H is not knowing what a color/leather combo looks like IRL... I fell in love with Gigi's Cognac Chevre Birkin the moment she posted it, but what I say is, how can one order a bag without first having seen that combo IRL?? I assure you that the color in pics is NEVER realistic 100%, so it's a great problem...I'm in the same situation as you: I want a gold and a red Birkin, but can't decide which leathers I prefer them in...

I've only seen Chevre in bright colors and not so many, since my store doesn't get much Chevre. What my SA says, as we've talked a lot about this, is that both Chevre and Box look better in "color" rather than neutrals...but that's her personal opinion....I would love to see Gold in Box, for example, since I love Box, but I would never have the courage to order a Gold Box bag without having seen it first...

All this is to say that I know exactly how frustrating it is, and I wish there was a solution...!!!:hysteric: LOL!

These are wise words - I appreciate it, Duna! If gold, what leather would you recommend from what you've seen? I've only ever seen gold in Togo, clemence and box.

A 35 ebene Birkin??!:nuts: I love it! Can't wait till you have her in your arms! When? When?? If your friend picks it up, I take it he's travelling to Sg to drop it off for you? I'm away for a bit next week so I think I might miss out on her forum unveiling.:Push:

Egads, that nick would send me packing! It's not on the "eye" part, I hope.

Your retourne box Kelly has been on my mind more and more. My feb podium order is for a 32 sellier, other than that, every other spec is the same as yours. I do love the look of the 32 sellier as I have seen K's fab bag! So, I'm a little undecided atm.. Hopefully your pics will be poxy and my mind will be firm.:P But knowing how glam you are, I'm gonna have a dilemma on my hands.:hysteric::sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

i think the 32 Kelly in retourne is super too! I can see why you're having such a tough time deciding. The sellier in 32 starts to look just a little bit too briefcase-like for me, but that cud be cos i saw it in indigo epsom, which somehow doesn't look v. good on a Kelly.

The 28 packs a lot in, but you have to be careful about organising. I think the 32 would be easier in terms of what you can throw in. So it also boils down to how much you carry around with you. And how you're gonna use the bag. Did you manage to model both sizes in a store for a comparison?

Btw was gonna take some action shots today since I had a bit of free time (like 5 min) this morning, then realised I looked a total dag since today is hair maintenance day (had a cut earlier, colour this afternoon). Any shots and you'd run screaming away from your computer. :roflmfao: And confirm to your store you'd want a 32 Kelly!

My wonderful lovely friend actually lives in Singapore but goes to Europe at least 6 times a year on work (Gina and Perja met him last time around), so he's a great courier. Great eye too, so he's safe to ask to shop for me, for other things, as and when he has time. I thought he might be there next week. Alas, Jan!! So you won't miss the unveiling. (But I'm patient about this bag, since it rained so many Birkins on me already earlier this year.)

The nick on the ostrich is luckily on a non-eye part... phew.

Aww, lol, yes, if you had shown me those pics it would be easier to make up my mind! NOT! I don't think you could ever look less than super!

I don't know.. I won't be carrying heaps in my bag. Just want a bag that will go with most things, day or nite, casual or semi-formal. I reckon perhaps a 28 sellier would be better? But then again, how often do I do semi-formal?? I'd prolly end up doing a clutch in those events anyway.

I have a bit of time yet before I tell my SM if I wanna modify anything. I have tried both sizes/constructions and both are beaut! Lol! Do u reckon I should just get 2 and shut the hell up already??:sweatdrop:

Ok... now taking funds.. Anyone? Anyone?:P

Oh, your friend sounds just marvelous! WN, what a great start to the year you'll have when your ebene Birkin arrives!