Gold Stickers on Chanel Bags - Dates what do they mean.

see second post quoted above. this thread is quite interesting and full of handy info!
Yes. If only all countries can follow Japan's Chanel boutiques, it will be great. Many vintage bags lost their authenticity cards and hologram stickers overtime, hard to verify their authenticity.

With these stickers in place, they more or less help to authenticate a bag, plus they help buyers trace the origin of the bags which is an added bonus. They are like a certificate of birth for a new born Chanel bag/baby.

Reactions: Coach Superfan
Yes. If only all countries can follow Japan's Chanel boutiques, it will be great. Many vintage bags lost their authenticity cards and hologram stickers overtime, hard to verify their authenticity.

With these stickers in place, they more or less help to authenticate a bag, plus they help buyers trace the origin of the bags which is an added bonus. They are like a certificate of birth for a new born Chanel bag/baby.
Thank you ever so much. It seems that a bag suddenly loses it's appeal without an authentication sticker, but shouldn't really x x

So true! I love the specific info these codes provide.

Reactions: E.L and VintageCC
Hi all, I'm looking to purchase a bag and the date on the sticker is 4.4.9 SEI, would this mean the bag was sold in 1992 and where? But the lining is red and there is no serial sticker.

Last edited:
I have a SILVER sticker inside my clutch. And it says 98.2.22 S.I.

What does the SILVER sticker mean? That it's been repaired? I'm assuming on Feb 2nd 1998. And What does S.1. mean?

Ty!!

20230313_115527.jpg