Gold Stickers on Chanel Bags - Dates what do they mean.

Hi ccbaggirl89,

Thank you for your reply! The serial number starts with 59.
I've actually realized that the number on the gold sticker is '00.2. as seen on the picture below.
It is from a bag that I am considering to buy, so I guess I will make a post in the authentication thread anyway :smile:

View attachment 3858619
good idea. a 5 series means it was produced in 1999, and then sold the year after, in 2000. your leading 00's mean it was purchased in (likely) February 2000 in Matsuzakaya Nagano, so i'd say it matches up.

Reactions: mviek
I will solve your mystery :biggrin: (sorry if you all already did)

The numbers on the gold indicates the purchase date, yes, you all figured out.

The alphabets indicates the initials of the store you purchased.

YT for example stands for Yokohama Takashimaya, thus, the bag was purchased at chanel boutique inside of Takashimaya (Name of a high-end department store in Japan) at Yokohama area.

The numbers on the silver seal indicates the date the bag was taken into the after-care service. (It does not necessarily mean that the bag had problems and were repaired, but simply indicates that Chanel did some after-care service to the bag)
Thank you so much pinkrailcat for this info! I was so afraid that my bag is fake! Just bought it from a japan reseller on ebay. She wasnt very responsive so i got frightened.. so happy i get to keep this beautiful vintage chanel bag!

Hi would like to get some help here i have this vintage chevron flap which was purchased from a japanese seller and it has two gold stickers in the pocket with two different dates - one 93.3.15 OT and the other 93.3.9 OT. The bag came with a 2 series authenticity card but has no serial seal sticker inside. I know its authentic, just wondering why i have two gold stickers with dates that are so close to each other? Tia

Attachments

• 08790CB9-7344-495C-A26D-AF94E2D38B83.jpeg
    08790CB9-7344-495C-A26D-AF94E2D38B83.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 222
Hi bag lovers, I recently bought a bag with this number: 91.5.4 O.R

It's a beige vintage classic flap bag with serial number 1697XXX

I'm not sure if this is in the right place because I'm not sure if it's a Japanese sticker. Can anyone tell me more about this bag?

Thank you so much!

I have a small beige classic flap with the gold sticker 4. 10. 5. T.T, does anyone know when this bag was purchased? Thanks!
Oct. 5, 1992 in Takashimaya Tamagawa. Take the time to read through the thread, everything is explained.

Hi, bit late to the party, but can anyone tell me what/help me desipher what this sticker in my bag means? 92 10. 3 1 K DView attachment 4892305
It means it was purchased Oct. 31, 1992, the store was Chanel Koube Daimaru. If you read through the thread everything is explained.

Hi bag lovers, I recently bought a bag with this number: 91.5.4 O.R

It's a beige vintage classic flap bag with serial number 1697XXX

I'm not sure if this is in the right place because I'm not sure if it's a Japanese sticker. Can anyone tell me more about this bag?

Thank you so much!
Look through the thread and compare your sticker to others that are pictured. If it looks like those, it was originally purchased in Japan, at a Chanel store/boutique. The sticker indicates yours was May 4th, 1991 and the O.R. would stand for the initials of the store it was purchased from.

Reactions: Plathughes
I will solve your mystery :biggrin: (sorry if you all already did)

The numbers on the gold indicates the purchase date, yes, you all figured out.

The alphabets indicates the initials of the store you purchased.

YT for example stands for Yokohama Takashimaya, thus, the bag was purchased at chanel boutique inside of Takashimaya (Name of a high-end department store in Japan) at Yokohama area.

The numbers on the silver seal indicates the date the bag was taken into the after-care service. (It does not necessarily mean that the bag had problems and were repaired, but simply indicates that Chanel did some after-care service to the bag)

Hi,
I have a gold sticker as well says 12.8.5 K.D the card that says it was made starts with 15xxxxxxx says 2011 but the 12 doesn't make any sense when I google Heisei year for 12 . Thoughts

Mine was purchased on 31 March 1995 at CHANEL Boutique - Imperial Hotel Plaza in Tokyo. Wow! Vintage Chanel bags are really interesting. These gold stickers tell a story and that makes these bags even more special and show that it is authentic.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-02-14 at 9.24.00 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-14 at 9.24.00 AM (1).jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 18
Good evening. I recently purchased a vintage Chanel mini. Didn't notice on the listing that it only had the gold repair stickers and no authentication sticker. The seller says the bag is 2001, but based on this thread, the gold stickers mean the complete repair was 2001, the year the bag was produced. Is it likely that a 2001 bag would require a complete re-lining the same year ? Vestiaire passed it as authentic. Thank you X x8D10E789-B2A2-4997-8A79-9A6DE3A6EDC8.png

Last edited:
Good evening. I recently purchased a vintage Chanel mini. Didn't notice on the listing that it only had the gold repair stickers and no authentication sticker. The seller says the bag is 2001, but based on this thread, the gold stickers mean the complete repair was 2001, the year the bag was produced. Is it likely that a 2001 bag would require a complete re-lining the same year ? Vestiaire passed it as authentic. Thank you X xView attachment 5421466
Its not a repair sticker. Its a sticker that indicates where and when it was bought brand new. Your bag was bought at a Chanel boutique at Mitsukoshi Nihonbashi Main Store, address: Tokyo Chuo-ku Nihonbashi Muromachi 1-4-1 Nihonbashi Mitsukoshi Main Store Motodate 3F, Japan, on 2 October 2001.

Good evening. I recently purchased a vintage Chanel mini. Didn't notice on the listing that it only had the gold repair stickers and no authentication sticker. The seller says the bag is 2001, but based on this thread, the gold stickers mean the complete repair was 2001, the year the bag was produced. Is it likely that a 2001 bag would require a complete re-lining the same year ? Vestiaire passed it as authentic. Thank you X xView attachment 5421466
The stickers are exclusive to Japan. The dates on the gold stickers are the date the bag was purchased, not repaired.

see second post quoted above. this thread is quite interesting and full of handy info!