Gold Stickers on Chanel Bags - Dates what do they mean.

luciabugia Your bag was first sold on Heisei 4 October 1st or 1 October 1992. at the HD Boutique (still haven't cracked the boutique protocol). The 2 series is estimated to run between 1991-1994. So that means your bag was crafted prior to 1 October 1992.

The date ranges of serials that we know of are based on research started by Michele, I think it was (sorry if it was someone else here...:P).

OMG! The bag is as old as my firstborn! It is hard to believe coz it is spotless and in a great condition! Score!:happydance:

Im so happy I found this thread. Had a slight doubt on the vintage camera bag I bought but after I found out what the gold sticker is for, I am convinced it is authentic. I am amazed by how old my bag is. Serial # starts with 0 and the gold sticker says 89.6.20 YT which makes sense coz the bag was made in the late 80s and was sold in Japan in the same timeline. How cool is that! :smile:

Im so happy I found this thread. Had a slight doubt on the vintage camera bag I bought but after I found out what the gold sticker is for, I am convinced it is authentic. I am amazed by how old my bag is. Serial # starts with 0 and the gold sticker says 89.6.20 YT which makes sense coz the bag was made in the late 80s and was sold in Japan in the same timeline. How cool is that! :smile:

I will solve your mystery :biggrin: (sorry if you all already did)

The numbers on the gold indicates the purchase date, yes, you all figured out.

The alphabets indicates the initials of the store you purchased.

YT for example stands for Yokohama Takashimaya, thus, the bag was purchased at chanel boutique inside of Takashimaya (Name of a high-end department store in Japan) at Yokohama area.

The numbers on the silver seal indicates the date the bag was taken into the after-care service. (It does not necessarily mean that the bag had problems and were repaired, but simply indicates that Chanel did some after-care service to the bag)

Sorry haven't cracked the last bit of the code.

KD stands for Koube Daimaru.

I am just copying and pasting....but these are all I got by googling. Someone who reads Japanese and has time, please take time to translate for people here ^^

【東京】
銀座 G.G
銀座並木通り G.Z
表参道 O.C
帝国ホテルプラザ I.P
池袋西武 S.I
日本橋三越 M.T
渋谷西武 S.S
新宿伊勢丹 I.S
新宿小田急 O.S
新宿高島屋 S.T
日本橋高島屋 N.T
玉川高島屋S・C T.T
【神奈川】
横浜高島屋 Y.T
横浜そごう Y.S
【千葉】
千葉そごう C.S
【名古屋】
名古屋松坂屋 M.N
JR名古屋タカシマヤ N.T
名古屋三越 M.K
【大阪】
ヒルトンプラザ H.P
心斎橋 S.B
心斎橋大丸 O.D
大阪阪急 O.H
大阪高島屋 O.T
リーガロイヤルホテル O.R(2009年11月閉店)
【神戸】
神戸大丸 K.D
【京都】
京都大丸 D.K
京都高島屋 K.T
【北海道】
札幌丸井今井 M.I
【東北】
仙台三越 S.D
【中部】
新潟伊勢丹 I.N
【中国】
岡山天満屋 S.B
広島福屋 H.F
【四国】
いよてつ高島屋 I.Y
【九州】
博多大丸 H.D
小倉井筒屋 K.I(2009年7月閉店)
熊本鶴屋 K.R(2010年2月閉店)
【沖縄】
DFSギャラリア・沖縄 O.G

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuymiu
I will solve your mystery :biggrin: (sorry if you all already did)

The numbers on the gold indicates the purchase date, yes, you all figured out.

The alphabets indicates the initials of the store you purchased.

YT for example stands for Yokohama Takashimaya, thus, the bag was purchased at chanel boutique inside of Takashimaya (Name of a high-end department store in Japan) at Yokohama area.

The numbers on the silver seal indicates the date the bag was taken into the after-care service. (It does not necessarily mean that the bag had problems and were repaired, but simply indicates that Chanel did some after-care service to the bag)

Thanks so much for the additional info pinktailcat! ;) Wow! Purchasing vintage is truely gratifying especially if you get to discover things like this. :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I just recieved a Vintage Single flap I bought from A reseller site from the US. Its a 0 series with 6 digit numbers on the hologram sticker. Inside the zip compartment there is a light gold stick with numbers: 60.12.2 YT on it:smile: meaning it was bought in. JAPAN in 1985 ! Interesting!

I just recieved a Vintage Single flap I bought from A reseller site from the US. Its a 0 series with 6 digit numbers on the hologram sticker. Inside the zip compartment there is a light gold stick with numbers: 60.12.2 YT on it:smile: meaning it was bought in. JAPAN in 1985 ! Interesting!
I have just found this thread as I am looking at a pre-loved bag that has 10.10.04 HD on it - so is that from Japan too?

KD stands for Koube Daimaru.

I am just copying and pasting....but these are all I got by googling. Someone who reads Japanese and has time, please take time to translate for people here ^^

【東京】
銀座 G.G Ginza
銀座並木通り G.Z
表参道 O.C Omodesanto
帝国ホテルプラザ I.P Imperial
池袋西武 S.I Seibu Isetan
日本橋三越 M.T Mitsui Nihombashi
渋谷西武 S.S Shibuya Seibu
新宿伊勢丹 I.S Isetan Shinjuku
新宿小田急 O.S Odankyu Shinjuku
新宿高島屋 S.T Shinjuku Takashimaya
日本橋高島屋 N.T Nihonbashi Takashimaya
玉川高島屋S・C T.T Tamakawa Takashimaya
【神奈川】
横浜高島屋 Y.T Yokohama Takashimaya
横浜そごう Y.S Yokohama Sogo
【千葉】
千葉そごう C.S Chiba Sogo
【名古屋】
名古屋松坂屋 M.N Matsuya Nagano
JR名古屋タカシマヤ N.T Nagano Takashimaya
名古屋三越 M.K
【大阪】
ヒルトンプラザ H.P
心斎橋 S.B Shinsaibashi
心斎橋大丸 O.D Shinsaibashi Daimaru
大阪阪急 O.H Osaka Hankyu
大阪高島屋 O.T Osaka Takashimaya
リーガロイヤルホテル O.R(2009年11月閉店)
【神戸】
神戸大丸 K.D Kobe Daimaru
【京都】
京都大丸 D.K Daimaru Kyoto
京都高島屋 K.T Kyoto Takashimaya
【北海道】
札幌丸井今井 M.I
【東北】
仙台三越 S.D
【中部】
新潟伊勢丹 I.N Isetan Niigata
【中国】
岡山天満屋 S.B
広島福屋 H.F Hiroshima Fukuya
【四国】
いよてつ高島屋 I.Y
【九州】
博多大丸 H.D Hakata Daimaru
小倉井筒屋 K.I(2009年7月閉店)
熊本鶴屋 K.R(2010年2月閉店)
【沖縄】
DFSギャラリア・沖縄 O.G

I tried to fill up some as far as I know. Hope it may help.

Reactions: lovebbagsttm
I tried to fill up some as far as I know. Hope it may help.
Thank you! I will do a bit of touch up :smile:

【東京】
銀座 G.G Ginza
銀座並木通り G.Z Ginza Namikido-ri
表参道 O.C Omotesanto
帝国ホテルプラザ I.P Imperial Hotel Praza
池袋西武 S.I Seibu Ikebukuro
日本橋三越 M.T Mitsukoshi Nihonbashi
渋谷西武 S.S Shibuya Seibu
新宿伊勢丹 I.S Isetan Shinjuku
新宿小田急 O.S Odankyu Shinjuku
新宿高島屋 S.T Shinjuku Takashimaya
日本橋高島屋 N.T Nihonbashi Takashimaya
玉川高島屋S・C T.T Tamagawa Takashimaya
【神奈川】
横浜高島屋 Y.T Yokohama Takashimaya
横浜そごう Y.S Yokohama Sogo
【千葉】
千葉そごう C.S Chiba Sogo
【名古屋】
名古屋松坂屋 M.N Matsuzakaya Nagano
JR名古屋タカシマヤ N.T Nagoya Takashimaya
名古屋三越 M.K Mitsukoshi Nagoya
【大阪】
ヒルトンプラザ H.P Hilton Plaza
心斎橋 S.B Shinsaibashi
心斎橋大丸 O.D Shinsaibashi Daimaru
大阪阪急 O.H Osaka Hankyu
大阪高島屋 O.T Osaka Takashimaya
リーガロイヤルホテル O.R(2009年11月閉店) Rega Royal Hotel (2009/11 closed)
【神戸】
神戸大丸 K.D Kobe Daimaru
【京都】
京都大丸 D.K Daimaru Kyoto
京都高島屋 K.T Kyoto Takashimaya
【北海道】
札幌丸井今井 M.I Sapporo Marui Imai
【東北】
仙台三越 S.D Sendai Mitsukoshi
【中部】
新潟伊勢丹 I.N Isetan Niigata
【中国】
岡山天満屋 S.B Okayama Tenmanya
広島福屋 H.F Hiroshima Fukuya
【四国】
いよてつ高島屋 I.Y Iyotesu Takashimaya
【九州】
博多大丸 H.D Hakata Daimaru
小倉井筒屋 K.I(2009年7月閉店) Ogura Iduduya (2009/07 closed)
熊本鶴屋 K.R(2010年2月閉店) Kumamoto Tsuruya (2010/02 Closed)
【沖縄】
DFSギャラリア・沖縄 O.G DFS garalia Okinawa

Hi I know that this is an old threat, but could anybody tell me what '0.0.2. MN stands for? MN I assume Matsuzakaya Nagano but the '0.0.2.? I don't get it :sad:
can you verify the sticker numbers again and make sure you don't see other digits. the numbers correspond to when a bag was purchased so two 00's leading would be a bit odd. if you can, also check the serial number inside the bag and post the first number from it. that can help match up the year to that sticker. MN would be Matsuzakaya Nagano, yep

can you verify the sticker numbers again and make sure you don't see other digits. the numbers correspond to when a bag was purchased so two 00's leading would be a bit odd. if you can, also check the serial number inside the bag and post the first number from it. that can help match up the year to that sticker. MN would be Matsuzakaya Nagano, yep

Hi ccbaggirl89,

Thank you for your reply! The serial number starts with 59.
I've actually realized that the number on the gold sticker is '00.2. as seen on the picture below.
It is from a bag that I am considering to buy, so I guess I will make a post in the authentication thread anyway :smile:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-21 um 22.28.40.png