Gold, Silver or mixture?

What colour hardware do you have in your collection?

• Gold

• Silver

• Mixture of colours

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Betsy2712

Mulberry Addict
O.G.
Nov 28, 2010
Interested to know whether you stick to the same colour hardware throughout your collection or have a mixture.

I'm a gold hardware girl and prefer to stick to that colour

I'm the opposite! Silver all the way for me except with colours like oak - then I opt for brass if possible. Can never understand why oxblood isn't offered with brass hardware - I think it could go well, but maybe it!

Also like gunmetal with some colours...

I used to be strictly silver and nickel hardware when I was only wearing my platinum and white gold jewelry. After a few years of this though, my yellow gold pieces looked new again and I realized they did look good against my skin tone. I can wear both white and yellow metals so I bought a few new gold jewelry pieces and thought wouldn't it be nice to have a few bags with soft gold hardware to work with that? So . . . that started me down the slipper slope and now I have bags with silver and gold and gunmetal hardware.

In the last couple of years, it's become increasingly difficult to find silver or nickel hardware from my favorite designers. I'm thankful that Mulberry continues to use nickel hardware on some of their bags.

Gold tones only for me . I'm an Autumn colour person so no cold or silver colours in anything . I do own 2 black bags but they never see daylight as they don't fit in with my colour ways .

I have both silver and gold and like both, the only combo I don't like is red with gold - there are bags I haven't bought because they only come with gold hardware, and I hate that look!

I choose hardware to accentuate bag--color, shape, etc.
Oxblood, with silver, would disturb me. But own bunches with gold.
Also feel modern/cool colors(many blues) look better with silver.

Honestly, some of mulb's newest color/hardware combos look off to me.
Causing overall effect to cheapen, imo.

Hope useful. :smile:

I have a mixture too. Just depends on what suits the colour of the bag I think-like many of the above posters have also said. As my taste/style has evolved I have come to like mixing metals too [emoji4]

I love silver nickel only! I wear silver and white gold jewellery and I love to have everything matching!

I'd love to see a wider range of bags and purses with silver nickel hardware! I have emailed M.com many times about it!

I have a couple of bags with nickel hardware but the rest have brass hardware as most of them are vintage styles. The brass fittings and the thicker leather used on some of the older bags can make them heavy to carry but worth it.